what is The Most RELIABLE vnc server in tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Sep 9, 2005.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002

so tiger's complicated vnc server's...

which vnc server is the most reliable?

osxvnc seems to work about 15% of the time....

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
    What exactly are you looking for it to do? OSXVNC works great for me, no problems whatsoever.
  3. MattG macrumors 68040

May 27, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    Ditto, I've been using OSXVNC on my Xserve since I got it...not once have I had a problem. Connects reliably everytime. Assuming you want it running all the time, make sure you have configured it to start as a service!

As for clients, I prefer Chicken of the VNC when I need to connect from a Mac, and RealVNC when connecting from a PC.
  4. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    A good simple one I have found is a program called Share My Desktop.

Find it here by Mike Bombich.
  5. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002

hmmmmmm. have been using realvnc on the pc to access my ibook using osxvnc, but osxvnc has such a hardtime remaining a useful app!

what i mean is.... i download the program, it opens perfectly. usually, i think, it works and accepts the client.... and everything is hunky doory. sp?

but when i take my ibook home, and bring it back, the bloody OSXVNC program won't open! it just hops up and down and up and down and up and down again till i cancle the program, redownload it from osxvnc (because it seemms to automattically unzip so i can't just keep the compressed program) and reopen it.

it's a little tiring. why would osxvnc become a useless program after one use?