what is the "MxBtDaemon" process?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cb911, Dec 21, 2004.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hi all...

i've been having some weird problems with my PB lately... there's a small area in the top left hand corner of my screen that i can not click on! it's not right in the top cornet, but it seems there's a area just out from the corner. it doesn't matter what app i'm in, i just can't click that area...

so i thought i'd have a look at Activity Monitor to see if there could be some odd process causing this. i found a process called MxBtDaemon. i did a search on it, nothing. i searched Google, some other Mac sites, Apple Support as well. does anyone know what this process is?

also - i've noticed this before - there are usually multiple Konfabulator processes running i had 5 before, but 3 of them had no activity, so i quit them. does anyone know why i would have 5 identical Konfabulator processes? :confused:

i do have a heap of haxies and other third party stuff running... i guess i could try turning all of that off... but i've had it running like this for a long time now, and this 'clicking' problem only started up in the last week some time.

any ideas about this, and that process MxBtDaemon would be appreaciated. :)

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Do you happen to have a Maxtor external drive? (Maxtor Button Watcher Daemon)?

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

lol, yeah. that's what it is. :p i just checked my startup items folder. but i never use that stupid button... so is it okay to trash that from my startup items folder?

i guess that wouldn't cause that 'non-clickable' area? i've still got to get that sorted out...? any ideas about that?

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I had a similar problem awhile back where a small area of my screen was not clickable as well, but it was in the bottom left hand corner. Turned out that it was caused by changing my minimise exposé settings to minimise on desktop through ONYX.

5. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

thanks munkle. that sounds like what it could be... except i didn't use ONYX, i've used WindowShade X to get F11 to minimize to a window on desktop. now that i come to think of it, WindowShade has been acting up - i tried to change it's prefs but it didn't work. i'll try some things, delete prefs etc and see how it goes...

6. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

okay, it turns out that i did use OnyX for Expose minimize to desktop. i turned that off, and immediately i could click that area again. so i though that it might just have needed a 'reset' so i just started it again. then i couldn't even use cmd+tab or any of the Expose keys. :mad:

but i just restarted and everything seems to be okay now. i turned off that Expose thing in OnyX, i dont' think i'll be touching that again.