What is the official UT 2004 release date?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bnemesis, Mar 29, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2003
    Sorry if this is common knowledge, but does anyone know the official UT 2004 Mac release date?
    Amazon said March 31st, now says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks".
    I couldnt find a release date on Macsoft, and the Apple Store has 2 to 3 weeks listed.

Any word on when or if an update to the demo will be?
  2. macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003

the whole demo thing was just a trick/tease to make us all wish we can PCs when the real one comes out (came out).

oh wait.

i have a PC...
  3. macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    UT2004 is shipping today. Check MacMinute. :)
  4. macrumors newbie

Aug 23, 2002
    To further confirm that it's shipping today, my copy is in the mail (and I'm tracking it now via UPS.com).

:D :D
  5. macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

I saw the minimum specs: 933Mhz, 6 gig HD, 64Vid AGP ram, 256RAM, DVD, OSX 10.2.8...

Does anyone know what the recommended is for decent performance?
  6. macrumors 6502a

Dec 7, 2003
    Houston, TX
    try the demo... I think you should be able to see your preformace there.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    you can order it now or it should be in the store by thursday.
  8. macrumors member

May 13, 2002
    Yes, try the demo. It will only whet your appetite but is well worth it if you find out after the fact your computer just doesn't cut it. I used a 1? Ghz 17" Powerbook, 1 Gig of Ram default specs and had no problems. Except the Powerbook isn't mine :( All in good time. Can't wait to try the full version.
  9. KCK
    macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    According to the UPS tracking system I should have my copy on Fri. :)
  10. macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2003
    Connecticut, United States of America
    Read the thread below. I posted a couple of times there with some basic results on how UT2004 demo performs on my Comp. (specs in a signature).

LINK: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=65067
  11. macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

Well I am awaiting a G5PB (and pessimistic rumors now say January 2005) hopefully due in June or August...hopefully that should handle it.

I sorta hope the new 17" and maybe 15" has a G5 and 4 slots for ram so I can get a decent amount cheaply, plus a 128 graphics card option...
  12. Guest

Graphics Cards

I have to say the only thing that tempts me to PCs is that, if you're careful when you buy, you can get a box that you can keep throwing new vid cards in for years. I hope Apple realise that people want to be able to buy a machine that isn't top of the line but has the ability to upgrade the video card further than 64MB, which really doesn't cut it for a lot of new stuff. If this were possible, maybe more people would use macs for games, and then more games might be developed for mac.