what is the oldest computer in your house?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, May 27, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the oldest mac i have is a 1993 quadra 840AV, 40 mhz, 128 MB RAM, 1 MB video ram, no monitor

the oldest pc i have, which still runs, is a custom built pentium 150 from 1996, 32 MB RAM, with epson 15" crt...and i use it to tool around with windows nt server

my current two machines are listed below in my sig and i am itching for a new mac in the 1 ghz or better category next year sometime

but if ibook or iMac does not hit the 1 ghz range next year, i will take the fastest thing apple has to offer consumer wise

i did have a "pro" machine once, a 180 mhz power tower pro 180 clone with 64 mb ram, 2 mb video ram, zip, cd, floppy, with a 15" sony trinitron crt...in 1996, this was a four thousand dollar monster and very professional...but gave it to relatives last year

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Depends on how you consider the age of the system. If you are talking since the processor was installed, since I also created my own pc, or when you first got it? I recently did some updates/upgrades on the pc, so it is about as new as my Rev. C TiBook (800MHz) which is in my sig too. I can go into the spec's of the pc if you really want, but won't unless asked for them.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

speaking about revisions of computers, i noticed that you have the absolute latest tibook available

i hope that lasts you a long time and i don't suspect a g5 laptop until more than 18 months from now

so many of my friends and acq's who had the g3 powerbook went pale when they first encountered the g4 tibook:D

4. phufball71 macrumors member

5. Tommy! macrumors regular

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hmmm....

I think it would be a Mac Classic? Used to have the 512k, but I dont nkow what happened to it.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

A Power Computing Power Tower Pro. I still use it, its up and running with a 300 MHz NewerTech G3 upgrade card, it was fast one year.....

I might keep my G4 Desktop around for much longer than I expect, its sort of grown on me and it will always be useful as an mp3 player in the coming years when it no longer can keep up with what ever I get next.

8. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

my first computer is what my oldest is.

pentium 133 with 80MB SIMM RAM and a 10GB HD.

it runs Slackware linux and is my IP Filter.

9. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Oldest computer...

It's either the Atari 400 or the Victor 9000 CP/M machine -- I think the Atari's older.

10. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

hmm currently this one since this is the only puter i had, but a year ago it'dd have to be a really slow pc with win 3.11 for workgroups, 66 mhz processor (i think), had it for about 3 years

11. Dr_Floyd macrumors member

NeXT cube, NeXT turbo station, Macintosh SE/30 4/80
    PBG4 custom config

12. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

wahh! a next station.. thats soo cool..

the oldest mac i have is a mac classic.. the original... black and white...

still pretty cool to take out and tinker with every once and a while.. but its slower than my palm pilot!

ive heard they arent too bad at web hosting.. i oughta give it a try some day..

13. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

i have an '86 SE
    i also have a pre-'85 apple II something

i have some crappy p-75 hp doing nothing sitting next to my computer desk

14. clubmedia macrumors regular

the oldest mac i have is a quadra 600. not sure about the specs, it never gets used

15. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

i have an '86 SE
    i also have a pre-'85 apple II something

i have some crappy p-75 hp doing nothing sitting next to my computer desk

16. bonehead macrumors regular

17. TypeR389 macrumors member

Apple III

IS the apple III older then the plus? If so that's it, I also have a Plus with 4MB running OS6 and solitare ;) Though thr Apple III has a 6MB(not GB) SCSI drive too!

18. macabre macrumors newbie

Mac 128k

My first post after reading for the last year and a half, woohoo!

19. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Belive it or not, I still have my original 128K Mac. All the major parts on it have been replaced (video, power supply, motherboard upgrade), and it now has 512K of RAM, known at the time as a "Fat Mac." I even have a 400K external disc drive that is big, slow, and noisy (although the sound always does take me back to 1984).

20. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

IBM CMS 900. 4k RAM, 2MB HD card/box, 2 5.25" floppy drives, a spreadsheet program, and a printer. Built-in 9" monitor, and it's about twice the size of a PM 9600. Supposedly, it still works. Made before Apple, Microsoft, or the Internet were created. OK, I don't own that one, but only on a technicality; my grandpa does, but it's at my house. The oldest I have us a Mac 512k, the oldest one still working is an SE/30.

21. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Mac+

I have an old Mac+, One of the first all-in-ones. B/W screen and external HD. Its a cool computer and it still works! I can still prince of Persa I on it still, What happened to the good old days?

-evildead

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

If I am not mistaken, my dad still has an AppleIIgs, or something AppleII-related, in his room, with his G3s. Sometimes my dad has to use it for labels with his old stylewriter, I think it was a stylewriter. It's been such a long time since I've used it; I did use it last some 6 or 7 years ago, but it was a long while back.

Fear the King.

23. gbojim macrumors 6502

Apple II or a Commodore 64. I can't remember which one I got first. They both still work.

24. blakespot Administrator

blakespot