what is the possibility of a 12" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by M. Malone, Jan 29, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I'v been hearing reports that Apple will discontinue the 12" Powerbook and won't get into a 12" MacBook Pro, how certain is this report?

If it's true, what would be the effect on me if I decided to get the latest revision on the 12" PowerBook 3-4 months from now? What problems will I be faced with?

I have my current PowerBook and I'm happy with it cause I take it everywhere I go, I mean EVERYWHERE, and I really can't go bigger.

any thoughts? thanks

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

slim to none. I have heard rumors about a 13.3" widescreen though, so if 13" isn't too big for you you can always wait and see... but as you probably know nobody has a clue what apple will release next.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The 13" widescreen will of course be narrower on the vertical than the 12" so will be just as portable... Here's hoping anyway :D

4. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Nothing but guesses. My guess is that they will bring out a seventeen inch pro machine and then just have a small macbook, but that is just my opinion.:p

6. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

if the only software you'll be using is ppc or will still be supported then getting the latest 12" pbook 3-4 months from now should be fine.

i was thinking about doing the same thing myself...

7. generik macrumors 601

generik

I suspect it will be like the old TiBook to AlBook transition all over again, the 12" and 17" models will also introduce a form factor change to the current model, but hey.. no harm hoping :)