what is the ugliest car out there?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Dec 26, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    my vote goes out to the 70s and 80s swedish made volvos

but since ford took over volvo in the 90s, the designs are more rounded and look more average and blend in better with traffic

btw...i have a boxy 1984 volvo station wagon...it looks like a box on wheels;)
  2. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    Some of these threads are annoying, but I have a spite for this car. I almost put the remaining parts of my lunch on my keyboard when looking for this pic...:D

3. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

Jul 24, 2002
    I really dislike the Pontiac Aztec - especially when it has those plastic armor plates all over the lower half, near the back. It's the suburban assault vehicle we all so desperately need...
  4. pduck macrumors newbie

Jul 24, 2002
    Those old Volvos were indeed ugly. Of today's cars it has to be the Pontiac Aztec. It reminds me of the mechanical dragon from Dr. No.
  5. G4scott macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    wow... it seems like there are a few aztec haters here... Well, add me to the list. That thing is UUUUGLIEEEEEE

Another car that I don't like is the new hummer... The old hummers looked tough and rugged, and didn't look like they'd break if you hit it with a hammer... They came in 2 color options, camo and black (I think...) The new ones look like an old hummer rear ended a lincon navigator, and had babies...
  6. MarksEvilTwin macrumors regular

Dec 6, 2002
  7. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i just dislike all these new plastic cars coming out.

the chevy pickup that is 1/2 plastic is just a dumb idea. sure it won't rust, but plastic? come on! use an advanced composite or something.
  8. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    Pontiac Aztec.

As I think about it, all of Pontiac's cars.

I hate the Ford Excursion/Expedition/Navigator and Cadillac Escalade and the H2. They are just disgustingly large. Unnecessary fuel consumption, plus driving my VW golf and being boxed in by four of those while the drivers talk on cell/eat/bitch slap kids in back seat makes me feel like a scenic drive between tanks in desert storm.

I also disliked the AMC Gremlin.
  9. mc68k macrumors 68000

Apr 16, 2002
    for truck the pontiac aztec takes the cake

for car i would say the toyota echo
  10. Tommy! macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2001

haha W-_-W, in france my friends french family had one of those...

and u guys i like old volvos! i am sooo down with the 240 dl, those are cool! but if u think the pontiac aztek is ugly, look at the buick rendezvous. it may be named after an apple product, but its extremely ugly (its based on the aztek platform, go figure :D)
  11. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

Jul 16, 2002
    Akron, PA
    I'd have to say the Hummer H2 (the 'real' hummer looks ok) and souped up Civics... you can put all the nice rims and stuff on it to make it look like a racing machine, but in the end, it's still a Civic.
  12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    The Aztec. It looks like they crossed a SUV with a tank and dog crap.
  13. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    absolutely, positively, hands down the pontiac aztek.

it looks like they dropped the clay model on their way to the meeting.
  14. loveshismac macrumors member

Nov 21, 2001
    Too damn funny
    I too cant stand the ASStec, or really any other american made car.
    Pontiac needs to really look into fiiring the entire design team.

That Buick thing is freaking ugly too.
    And please dont get me started on any tricked out 4 bangers.
    they look like fools.
    and usually acts like one as well.

But that Avalanche thing.
    it takes the cake.
    Who wants a plastic gas guzzler, that the window slides out of. o boy ...real genius.
  15. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Jan 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    asstec, avalanche and this ugly thing

i went to chevys site to see the avalanche. haven't yet. Its ugly. but this proves they really were just beginning with the ugly cars:

I keep looking at it. how ugly. the CHevy SSR. Looks like a VW Beetle mated with a PT Cruiser and drank liquor, smoked cigs and weed and took bad drugs throughout the pregnancy

Attached Files:

16. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

the aztec and the PT cruzer ar the uglyst things ever to grace this earth
  17. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Lamborghini Murcielago

It look like the but of a fat old black lady with s*** in the middle. I'm not racist but it is a car for black people that like big asses, from the front looks like very gay kind of thing (like every single Lamborghini) but the back is "very explicit". Looks like a rino but.

Attached Files:

18. ThinkpadsRule macrumors member

Jun 2, 2002

For comments like yours...you deserve what is happening in your country. Statements like that do not belong on these message boards. If you can't contribute anything to the topic then do not post.

The ugliest cars out there,to me, are the aztec,rendevous, PTcruiser,toyota echo,honda insight, mazda protege 5,toyota matrix,VW beetle, chevy avalanche and to many more to name.
  19. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Re: Mymemory.......

That is out of order. I see your point about mymemorys statement but NO ONE deserves what is happening in mymemorys country.
  20. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Re: Re: Mymemory.......

And besides that even if you disagree with his statement, how can you condemn a whole country?
  21. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Re: asstec, avalanche and this ugly thing

That thing reminds me so much of my dad's 1952 Chevy pickup truck. Those were the days...the starter was operated by a button on the floor.
  22. springscansing macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2002
    New York
  23. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2002
    I like the aztec. Very functional....ah, yeah it is ugly.
  24. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It tends to look like a very aggressive animal! I'm sure its developer love's it!

Attached Files:

25. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    I think any and all of those stupid modded japanese cars like the hondas everyone is sporting look so silly, I mean not only do most of them look like RC Cars but some even have mufflers that sound like one! And I dont know about you, but most of the people that drive them around here have all the Japanese lettering and etc but they are all white kids, and they dont even know what the lettering says!