What is the weirdest/scariest dream you have ever had?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Frozone, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Frozone macrumors 6502

Okay, i'm not really sure if mine was all a dream or not, but one night I "dreamed" that I couldn't move. It was almost like my brain was awake and thinking, but my body wasn't responding. I tried for about ten minutes to move my arms, legs, and eyelids but I couldn't. It's kinda hard to describe exactly what it was like. But I didnt think that I would ever move. I guess I could describe it like being paralyzed except that I could feel my arms and legs and eyelids and I could feel myself trying to move them, I just wasn't able to. Has anyone else ever had a dream like this? I wished I could explain it better.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

what you describe may actually have been a form of sleep paralysis. a lot of people have it, especially as children... i had it happen a few times myself. Google "sleep paralysis" for more info...

as for dreams, i've had some pretty horrific ones, especially when i was on a particular antidepressant... i would have awful nightmares for hours, i became afraid to sleep and slightly unstable. fortunately i discontinued the meds after about 3 weeks, but damn. and now, i don't remember any of them. which doesn't bother me one bit...

paul

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

I dream i died ... and then transitioned (LOL to much editing) into another dream

but dyeing was kinda weird

4. Angelus macrumors 6502

I've had a few nightmares or the typical ones where you can't run fast or punch/kick hard enough.
    My funniest/weirdest dream was about two years ago.
    I dreamt i was leader of a swat team and we were laying siege to a group of terrorists in a building. I turned around and it turned out that Kramer from Seinfeld was a member of my team.
    He was doing that whole shaking his head thing accompanied by the nervous movements.
    He said he couldn't take the pressure anymore and started waving to the terrorists giving away our position.

It was really weird.

5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Weirdest dream ever? I have REALLY tame dreams. The weirdest I can remember is a dream that one of my friends was pregnant and a bunch of our mutual friends and I were sitting around talking about it. She never actually appeared in the dream though.

I also almost never dream about girls that I want to go out with. :(

6. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Re: What is the weirdest/scariest dream you have ever had?

I have that dream quite frequently. Something is coming ater me and I just cannot move or speak. I try and scream but nothing comes out. Then I wake up.

7. Frozone thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Re: What is the weirdest/scariest dream you have ever had?

I did the whole screaming thing too. I'm reading up on that "Sleep Paralysis". Even though it was pretty scary, I want to have that dream again so that I can remember EVERYTHING. Ohh and I have had dreams before where I saw things in the future. For example when I was about 5 I dreamed that my aunt lived in this house and I could see the house plain as day in my dream and then about 4 years later she BOUGHT that house and I had NEVER seen that house before either.

8. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    the weirdest dream i had was this one where everything was dark and dreary, the sky, the inside of my house, etc. my family and my girlfriend were in my living room and i was having some sort of fight with my girlfriend and i just couldn't take life anymore so i pulled out a gun and shot myself in the face. it was in total slow motion and i then had a perspective of right behind my head and could see the hole open up where i shot, then i fell to the floor and watched as my girlfriend stood over me and looked through the hole in my head and started screaming and crying.

that was back before i understood i had a problem and got help for depression, but i don't have dreams that that anymore luckily enough.

9. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

the weirdest dream i had was... i was in the harry potter world and i was sent to kill Lord Voldemort and then my friend (was a bad guy) came after me and he killled me! how weird...

10. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Hmmm... I have weird dreams but I can't remember them. Obe i've had a few times is im on top of a building looking down and I try to walk away, but im really scared and it kinda sucks me down. Kind of likde when you are so scared you try to yell and noting comes out. Yeah...weird.

11. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

the weirdest dream i ever had took place in the abandoned mental hospital in my town. I had explored it a bit before and it was indescribably creepy. in the dream, im going there with 2 friends who are 50's stereotypes of like, 12 year old kids. We were going there to see Mariah Carey of all people, and she was going to sing in this old exercise yard. So once we get in, the buildings get all creepy and this maintainence guy comes out and screams that the hospital is angry at him and us. Fire starts coming out of these air cleaner machines (entirely fictional) and we go into this weird chamber. All of a sudden the fire stops for some reason and the guy tell us that he's going to separate us and strand us in the hospital, then come and scare the hell out of us for some reason. Now, one of the friends is my age and the other is still 12, so i decide to go with the 12 year old to comfort him. We're running down these service tunnels, and im hitting things with my hands that he can hide in, so i can come find him later. then he hides or something, im not sure because he just kinda disappears. the creepy guys shows up and puts on this psuedo clown suit and tries to rape me, then i wake up.
    i had this dream while i was on codeine(sp?) for having my wisdom teeth out, so maybe that explains some things

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I once dreamed my grandfather sat up in his coffin & talked to me after he was excavated. This was shortly after he died, and I have no clue why he was being dug back up. :confused:

13. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Weirdest one. Well I will never tell anyone that one but most of my weirdest ones are really oddly violent, I don't know why. Most of the worst ones are where I can't do a simple task to save myself. Like one time I was shot and I tried for what seemed like hours to dial 911 and I couldn't. Stuff like that with drowning, falling, crashing. :(

14. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Re: What is the weirdest/scariest dream you have ever had?

Yes, I used to get these a lot. I never thought of them as dreams, though, because they would always happen as I was falling asleep, but still partially awake. Occasionally they would happen in my sleep, but they would wake me up pretty good. I would always hear this combination of white noise/screaming right before it happened and then during the whole spell. I tried so hard, once, to scream back, to make any kind of sound, that I managed to get a pathetic gurgle out. My wife slept right through it. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, the paralysis never lasted more than a minute for me, probably a lot less. But they're not fun.

I used to think it was some kind of demonic harrassment. I'm just glad I don't get them anymore.

15. renikm macrumors newbie

I hade this pretty horrific dream once that was in sepia(go figure)... Anyways, I'm on some kind of catwalk/metal scaffolding next to this huge buiding out in the forest and basically end up pressing this red button(i should have know it was a bad idea). And basically all these nukes started to fly into the sky and envetually comming back down all blowing up around me at a distance. I think i woke up when my face started melting...:eek:

16. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

The only time I've had sleep paralysis is when I've fallen asleep at work.

At the first place I worked at, I had to be there by 8 AM Saturday mornings. Combine that with church Sunday mornings and I NEVER got a day to sleep in. I would often nod off sitting up during my break for a few seconds... and then when I woke up, I was entirely unable to move for a good ten minutes. It happened two or three times. The key to being mobile again was always opening my mouth. :confused:

Occasionally I feel like I'm falling right as I fall asleep, and then I suddenly jerk awake.

Last night I dreamt I was conducting a choir for the first time in front of fifteen hundred people. When I woke up I was sweaty because I was nervous.

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i hadnt had bad dreams since i was a child, but after the wreck i just have terrible ones. ill be driving cars around town and the brakes go out, or i invision of how my wreck happened. the scare me s***less when i am sleeping and then just haunt me in the day.

iJon

18. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Funny that this thread popped up, being that I had a extremely weird dream last night.

I dreamt that me and my grandfather (who is the kindest man in the world) were laying in this trailor thing in the driveway at my house. We were just kind of napping. I look up over the side of the trailor and there are all these people riding horses in my yard (my house is on 11 acres of good land). I didn't really care, although I thought it very odd.

I go back to sleep not thinking anything of it. When I woke up (im still asleep in reality) my grandfather was shooting the men! This was really weird. He was shooting them and yelling stuff about private property. THen he dissapeared from the dream, he didn't get hurt or anything, he just wasn't in the dream anymore. I picked up the gun, and started defending myself. I shot all the rest of the men except for about five which ran away. At this point in the dream I had changed the plot. I wasn't defending myself anymore, they were attacking me to get a weird triangular object I had in my possession. The remaining 5 or so men ran away and up this hill. They didn't think I would recognize them when they started walking back down the hill talking nonchalantly. I acted like I didn't know they wanted to kill me. I ran up to them holding out the triangle thing, and I said something along the lines of "can yall please take this, men are attacking me!" and when they held out their arms I pulled out my gun and shot them.

I went back to my house, and walked inside and my sister was singing. I said something like this to her, "Amanda, how would you feel if you killed about 20 people?" and she kind of laughed. And then I told her what I had done. She was really suprised, and then she pointed to the door where my other sister was. My other sister, Abby, was saying "more men are coming, quick get the B15 (is that a real gun?) out of your closet". I of course don't keep a gun in my closet, and I remember being suprised that one was there in my dream. There was one problem though, it wasn't assembled. I didn't know how to assemble it, and the last thought I had before I (Actually) woke up was that they were going to get my 2 sisters, and I couldn't do anything because I couldn't assemble the gun.

Okay, this dream was weird on so many levels. First off, I am not a violent person. I never have dreams where I'm fighting anyone. Secondly, I HATE guns. I find it very odd that in my dream I was so dependant on guns! It would seem much more like a dream of mine if I used Kung Fu and Wushu to overtake them. Thirdly, my grandfather was shooting these people?!? He is the most non-violent, kind-hearted person on this earth (except for maybe wdlove :p;)). It was really weird for him to be shooting people.

That dream was very disturbing for me. It was not very 'me' at all. :(

scem0

19. Awimoway macrumors 65816

That's the worst. I got hit by a car the week before 9/11. (Some South American tourist thought autos had the right of way and plowed right through me as I was riding my bike across a crosswalk.) Only recently have I finally stopped seeing vividly imagined accidents whenever I'm driving or walking/cycling near a road.

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, there was the one with me, Jennifer Anniston, Jenna Jameson, and my wife. Well, that wasn't scarry or wierd :p

Actually, I have very disturbing dreams. Very violent. Not violence to other people, but things like metor's impacting earth, hurricanes, tornado's etc. Natural Disaster stuff.

Very had to explain how complex they are. Almost like watching a movie.

21. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

when i quit smoking, i initially wore the nicotine patch while i slept. one of the listed side effects is "vivid dreams." i guess "vivid" is a better term, marketing-wise, than "so freaking violent and graphic that you'll think you're going crazy."

i've spoken to other people who have used the patch at night, and it seems to be a common problem. i had dreams where i watched people get beaten to death with planks with nails in them, or hung on meathooks and flayed... i don't even like to think about them several years after the fact.

22. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Lately I've been having dreams where I am in some kind of to-the-death fight with someone else. I usually find an excuse to get away from the fights though. I wake in the morning and wonder why I hated the other guy so much and why he hated me so much. Weird.

And I have no clue what it's all about. I'm a lover, not a fighter. ;)

23. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah i know they are horrible, i will driving the suburban and the brakes just dont work and i have drive around town without hitting anything and go up hills until the car stops. and when i sleep i just imagine my car rolling. i think thats why i have stayed up til 1-3 in the morning, even on school nights just so when i hit the pillow i pass out instead of falling asleep.

iJon

24. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

25. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

I know it's strange...

I'm prisoner in a factory that makes extra large Fig Newtons. The workers are all Keebler Elves, but they aren't really elves, they're wearing worn-out felt elf costumes with dirt and tears all over them, and they curse and have whips. I'm along with a dozen other people, trapped inside a giant sardine can, our heads the only thing visible, filled with fig goo, and we can't move anything except our heads. There are thousands of these cans lined up (with keys on the side), often stacked up on top of one another, alternating the way they face so that peoples' faces aren't crushed. Giant forklifts are moving these cans of people to the far end of the warehouse, which has to be 500' high with some stacks almost reaching the top. The far end is lit bright orange and the assumption is that the ovens are down there. My can gets grabbed, along with a stack of maybe 12 others. Inside the can on the left of me is a woman with curly red hair matted down with shredded fig. She keeps begging me to help her, talking of her children that were left behind when she was captured. The old man to the right is moaning and mumbling incoherently, vomiting or spraying milky liquid from his mouth with his eyes rolled up in his head. I can't see past these two and my only other clue is the movement of the lights high above and the pounding sound and heat to which we are going. We get down by the ovens and our palette is removed from the others. A sweaty person in an elf suit starts to unkey our sardine case. I catch the eye behind the mask and it's my high-school guidance counselor. I shout out her name and we make eye contact for a second, but she glares at me angrily and continues on. Even with the lid off, I can't move my arms or feet. It's too sticky. A giant mechanical arm lifts the tin and moves it to a conveyor belt of moving, semi-baked dough, like a giant version of Fig Newton outsides. It dumps us face-down onto the dough and I can feel the tightness across my back as the sides are wrapped up and over. The rollers from the conveyor belt are inches under my nose, which just barely sticks out past the edge of the pastry. We rumble closer and closer to the oven, screams filling the air as people cook to death. Between the rollers, I see a mouse on the floor picking at the crumbs that have fallen. He looks up at me and I wish I was him, but he rushes quickly into the distance. We enter the oven and the bottom drops out and we're falling head over heals, the oven looking like the inside of a giant volcano. I'm face down as we rush towards the bubbling magma of the bottom and right before we hit I wake up.

You know, typical stuff.