Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Why did nobody give this answer: 42.

Too many 24's.

Happy Canada Day.
MMCdaDay.gif

You don't look a day over 144. :p

And the Loonie is 25 years young as well. I actually remember $1 bills. :eek:

bastiak83

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2012
1513!

am i word champion now?

What is yours at now? Mine is 1513. It is a 13 in MP from Dec 2006.

Is anyone's higher?

I ran across this forum because I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and get a new battery even though I'm not having problems yet because I"m about to move abroad for a year. In Thailand I've read it might cost me $200, but I could find one online here probably for around $50. Should I assume it won't make it another year?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-17 at 8.55.09 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-17 at 8.55.09 AM.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 177

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
So its better to run the battery until 1% than only charge it or plug in the charger when ever you are near the plug point? :confused:

Apple recommend not to always run on the mains power as this is not good for the battery. It is recommended that you use your notebook on battery power, and once it gets down to the 30-40% mark, charge it back up again. This keeps the juices inside the battery constantly flowing and will make your battery last much longer.
Every now and then, say once a month for example, discharge the laptop until it goes to sleep then charge back up to recalibrate it.

Predator69

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Apple recommend not to always run on the mains power as this is not good for the battery. It is recommended that you use your notebook on battery power, and once it gets down to the 30-40% mark, charge it back up again. This keeps the juices inside the battery constantly flowing and will make your battery last much longer.
Every now and then, say once a month for example, discharge the laptop until it goes to sleep then charge back up to recalibrate it.

Thank you for the marvellous advice on this matter. Kudos

sososowhat

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Palo Alto, CA

I'm at 1481 on my white early 2008 macbook. The funny thing is that battery health is still 87%, and it in fact lasts a couple of hours, but when I plug it in to charge there's a 30+ minute delay before it begins to charge. Anyone else had this experience? Not sure if I should be buying a new battery given this.

I'd like to hang in another 32 cycles to beat Bastiak :).

miguelsaps

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I think I might win this game, found this thread while I was looking for other people who have a cycle count as high as mine, I'm almost at 2000 cycles:

fBNGujn.png

No problems with it so far, but it doesn't last very long without the charger.
:)

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I think I might win this game, found this thread while I was looking for other people who have a cycle count as high as mine, I'm almost at 2000 cycles:

I read somewhere that you can get a new MacBook Pro if you make it to around 2000 cycles. You're almost there!

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
89% health after 390 cycles on my 2010 17", and I thought that was a lot.

For some reason I feel bad if I let my laptop discharge, like I'm hurting it's feelings or something...

julienf

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013

2305 I'm in too ;)
34govn4.png

Hello From Belgium, I was searching info about mac battery cycles...
:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.