What is the Worst Movie(s) of all time?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TEG, Mar 2, 2004.

1. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    On the heels of "The Best Movie" Thread, I'd like to see what people think are the worst movies of all time.

For Me:

The Wedding Planner
    The Godfather Pt. 3
    Battlefield Earth

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    Kung Pow....Horrible stupid movie....
  3. richland macrumors member

Mar 2, 2004

That was pretty damn funny I thought.
  4. vollspacken macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
    - Matrix Revolutions
    - Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

I can't decide which one is more horrible. both movies are such huge piles of dogpoo it makes you wanna throw up...

the negatives and or digital originals and all copies of these two pieces of junk should be destroyed!!!

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    can we assume you've seen these? i mean, i would assume that gigli and crossroads sucked, but i never saw them so i wouldn't list them...

movies i've seen that i thought were awful:
    1. dude, where's my car?
    2. the sweetest thing
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    "Scarface" definitely does not deserve to be on this list. It is a classic Al Pachino movie.
  7. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    if you want to judge a movie on accuracy, then a movie like top gun is terrible, but from the point of a quick moving story, then it's fine

i have watched hundreds of movies and some have been so bad that i almost got offended...but there is one movie i won't pay to go see and that's the passion of the christ by mel gibson

throughout all the controversy, i met a friend of mel gibson's who told me all about the movie and mel and i found out about all the dirt from the controversy a week before the television networks started the whole controversy thing and it was weird when it all aired and i heard all the stuff she told me

i am a christian but i am a protestant and i can't watch a movie that adds some unproven catholic mythology into the mix because mel gibson belongs to a catholic cult (opus dei) which is banned from the catholic church itself

among one of the strange beliefs this cult believes in is that all protestants are going to hell yet opus dei is condemned by the pope and not recognized as a catholic entity...mel thinks that his wife won't go to heaven because she is not a catholic

i have an employee who is a jehovah witness who believes i cannot go to heaven unless i am a jehovah witness...any christian entity like opus dei or the jehovah witnesses who only think "members" are the only ones to go to heaven is not only a closed minded splinter group, but a cult which practices mind control

so i cannot condone a movie made from the perspective of a cultist who has some revisionist ideas of christ and salvation

a christian does not have to be a catholic, or a protestant for that matter and a christian is someone who believes jesus died on the cross for their sins...period...not some dogma from a splinter group that makes enemies of all protestants and the general body of the catholic church under the pope

what i don't like is that mel has decided to play "nice" to us damned to hell protestants for his movie so he can get sales while in the meantime, any of us protestant christians who die must surely go to hell for not being catholic...what gives mel?
  8. Golem macrumors 6502

Jun 2, 2003
    Well some stinkers dont actually make it to the movies but just go straight to video.

Cant comment on a few here like gigli,wedding planner because i havent been dumb enough to go watch them.

But Ishtar,Pluto Nash and Kung pow have to be up their.

Thinking back,brought back memories of some of Peter Jacksons early movies but they were good if you like shlocky horror. Guy running around with a lawn mower killing zombies comes to mind.:)
  9. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    Not Another Teen Movie
    National Lampoons: Van Wilder
    Pulp Fiction (sorry I know alot of you disagree)
    Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame
  10. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    This is the worst movie I have ever seen and probably the worst movie ever.

Going Overboard

Here is a pretty complete review of the movie.

Even if you think you can handle this movie, you are wrong. I thought, hey how bad could it be? Well, if I was watching this movie and my doctor called and told me I had an inoperable brain tumor, I would be relieved because soon I would be dead, and along with me the memories of this film.

/end rant

and yes it is really that bad.
  11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc

jeff, leave it at that for this thread... c'mon, there are a MILLON other threads here about that movie and all that jazz with the politics and beliefs... don't bastardize this thread like that by bringing that argument stuff in here... i thought this thread was gonna be a lot more lighthearted than that...[​IMG]
  12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    The worst movie to ever spawn a sequal (after being proclaimed worst movie ever), and a Saturday Morning cartoon series -- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

But that was years ago, I'm quite sure the quality of movies has tanked since then. ;)
  13. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
  14. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2004
    East Lansing, Michigan
    THANK YOU! I was just waiting for someone to say that.... Scarface is a great film. Great director, too - Brian DePalma. Light years aways from worst movie of all time (although if I remember right there were a few on TEG's list of best movies that I might put in the "worst movie" category... weren't all three Matrix movies on there?!?! Ugh.)
  15. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    Yeah, the first Matrix movie was good, DESPITE some terrible directing and screenwriting...It had the right concept and the story had the right feel of a futuristic epic that didn't turn into a pre-teen comic.

But things just got more and more and more ridiculous. I didn't even go see the third movie, but the second one was unbearable.

Oh, worst movie? The Real Cancún. There are few movies one is embarrassed to admit that he/she actually watched. A couple of my friends and I saw it at a discount theatre for the laughs. If you sat back and watched what the hell these guys were trying to pass off as a serious, credible movie, you couldn't help but laugh your ass off.

Unfortunately, one of my friends noticed that someone was going all Pee Wee Herman up in there.
  16. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2004
    East Lansing, Michigan
    Oh, and I forgot to post my picks for worst flick of all time. This is a tough one, there's so much rubbish coming out of that cesspool called Hollywood....

My top votes would be:

1. Any big-budget, special-effects driven blockbuster, especially those with strong patriotic undertones (you know, the movies that everyone flocks to because they're so "entertaining").
    2. Any movie that is coined "The Feel-Good Movie of the Year"
    3. Just about anything that is a sequel.
    4. Anything with Jennifer Anniston or any other member of the Friends cast in it.
  17. Vector macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2002
    What is your problem with pulp fiction?

The worst movie ever as far as production values go is Plan 9 from Outer Space. Ecerpt from IMDB:

I should think that anyone with an abiding interest in films has at least heard of this movie, and of its director, Ed Wood. Everyone agrees it is a bad movie. Many people feel it is so awful that is hilarious. I have no reason to argue with these people. I have watched this movie on tape, stopping it to examine it in detail at each outrage: the awful dialogue, the wooden acting, the unbelievable props ... everything about this movie is awful, so bad that it has to be seen and examined to be believed.

I wish to take a little of the time of anyone who is reading this to argue that you cannot have art without craft. A monkey may throw dung at people, but that does not make him a cogent speaker. All he communicates is anger. Mr. Wood may have had excellent intentions when he wrote, produced and directed this film. He may have intended to make some serious statements. All that comes across is an ineptness so profound that people watch this as a prime example of bad movie making.
    However, that does not dignify this work with any value, nor does the cloak of "art." I feel sorry for Mr. Wood, but he had no talent, no ability and no resources. This is an awful film.

Without ability, you cannot have art, despite the insistence of so many modern artists. In another bad film of the era, BUCKET OF BLOOD, the protagonist wishes to be a sculptor. He takes home clay and attempts to model a bust. His technique of sculpting a nose is to smash on the clay and command it "Be a nose!"

Roger Corman, who directed that movie, made cheap movies intended for the drive-in circuit and knew he was making cheap movies. He knew you cannot make art with just good intentions, only a mess. It is a pity that some of the learned commentators on cinema cannot seem to understand this.
  18. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Actually, Plan Nine From Outer Space is by far Ed Wood's best movie, so it can't really be the worst one too. Glen or Glenda, Ed Wood's movie about cross-dressing is my vote. It conveys a complete lack of any idea about how movies work--it's kind of mystifying.
  19. Vector macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2002
    I forgot which actor it was, but he died after barely filming part of Plan 9 and woods included that part and then just replaced him. It was so obvious, but in a movie such as Plan 9 it is one of the lesser flaws.
  20. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    That is the funniest movie ever!

The baby rolling down the hill is classic. As is the woman who made the funny noises when she talked.

Now I want to rent that movie!

Worst movie of all time..... Hmmmmm...... That's a hard one.

I'd have to say Mars Attacks.

That was painful to watch.

21. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    I'll add a few to the list:

1. Zoolander
    2. Blue Crush.
  22. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    from justin to kelly (i personally didnt see this but everyone thought it was crap)
    crossroads (that britney spears movie)
    glitter (the mariah carey movie)
    matrix revolutions
    matrix reloaded

23. Sayhey macrumors 68000

May 22, 2003
    San Francisco
    We had this discussion a couple of months back and Awimoway pointed out the best review of the WORST movie ever - Pokemon: The Movie 2000. Read and tell me you aren't convinced!

24. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    Generally, I would agree with you. BUT OFFICE SPACE?! Come on. Have you never heard of OFFICE SPACE?!
  25. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    hehe yeah
    that was one hell of a funny and great movie :D