What is this

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by win_convert, Dec 9, 2004.

1. win_convert macrumors member

Here's the deal.

I download an mp3 onto my windows computer.
    I copy said mp3 to a USB storedrive and then copy said mp3 to said powerbook.
    When attempting to add said mp3 to said iTunes list in perscribed itunes help manner, get message: "attempting to copy to the disk "computer name" failed.
    You do not have enough access priviliges for this operation."

What the F*** is going on. If the administrator of the computer doesn't have enough access privliges to copy a file from one part of a computer to another, who the hell does?
    I have copied m4a's from my windoes machine before. Why not this?

2. wide macrumors 6502a

Your USB drive might be "locked". Look at the USB drive and try to find a sliding button (like the "hold" button on the ipod) that has a lock imprinted above it, and then slide the button to the "unlocked" status. Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

4. win_convert thread starter macrumors member

no it isnt the USB drive considering under another user account on the same computer I can transfer these songs to the iTunes list, without a care in the world, but i can't under administrator.

How can the permissions be broken, I've only had the computer 16 days. How would I repair them anyway?

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and repair permissions from there.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Did you use different users for transfer and iTunes integration, i.e. did you use a non-admin user to transfer the song to the PB and then used the admin user to try to add it to iTunes or vice versa? Then it might be a privileges thing because the other user isn’t the owner of the file.

8. win_convert thread starter macrumors member

I think i found a way around it. You just copy the file to the itunes music folder on the HD and then it works. It's weird.