What is with the Demi-God Avatars?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wildcat, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Wildcat macrumors regular

I know ther was a thread about what does DGVPG stand for and how you cant know untill you become a Demi-God. But come on I liked your old Avatars. Everyone just looks the same at a glance now. Are we gonna have to guess what DGVPG stands for?

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

yeah, they really should customise for each person, its just confusing as it is, I am not going to be forced to join to find out, but I may choose to join in the future.

Ensign

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

How boring! :(
    WTF going on in this place???
    I must say I much prefered individual 'tars, and also when there wasn't this seeming divide between the regulars and the 'demi-gods'.

4. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

A demi-god status is acquired whenever you purchase something from the MR store, or make a donation. Its simply a promotion to help keep macrumors running. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Besides, quit b*tching about it.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

We know what 'demi-god' status is and how you get it, the thread was asking what was with the majority of the demi-gods having the same DGVPG 'tar.

(BTW. I love ur 'tar, please don't become a demi-god and change it! :D )

6. Wildcat thread starter macrumors regular

You are right and I knew this. It just seems like a secrete club now. And I wasn't b*tching. More just making fun of this little club.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It was a temporary thing....making 'tars quickly isn't easy. Every DGVPG member will have their own and in all honesty, it won't be around much longer anyway. So please relax.

And for your information, not all Demi-Gods are involved in the DGVPG, not all of them changed their 'tar, and even we didn't realize how much an effect it would have on the forums. We couldn't see who was posting in the private forum, you actually needed to read the names. That's what happens when you do things with the more prolific posters.

Its a truly amazing thing realizing how the human brain accesses information and recognizes shapes and pictures. Very cool actually.

And being a Demi-God is a great way to support the site, we're just having a little fun, ok?

D

8. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Exactly Duke. We are not trying to cause any problems. I am still the same ole B2TM that I have always been. We are just supporting the site, and having fun at the same time. So, that being said. Lets just have fun. Can't we all just get along? :p

...you know you want to...

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Sorry if we put anyone off.:(

We're just trying to spread the word about how to become demi-Gods and support the site.

We are not an elitist group. Membership is open to everyone who contributes to the site.:)

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Unfortunately I may not be able to become a demi-god for a while :(
    One of my computers has had a massive HD failure and I'm going to end up spending a bit of money on it. I bought Drive X yesterday but that didn't help and I'm bringing it into a service center for diagnostics today. If they can't fix it I'll end up spending even more money on a new HD and data recovery.

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ouch, that's no fun and data recovery can be expensive. Sorry to here that, good luck....

12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Yea, I'm kind of getting screwed since I have no choice but to try and fix this computer. I have the old iMac but it's not much good for much more then games and internet anymore. Damn.

13. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Man, I hate that for you. I hope that it goes smooth. No one ever likes to have to go through that type of problem. Post up here somewhere if you need help. Alpha always is good with suff like that, and he may have an extra hard drive laying around.

14. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Good timing though, my HD completely crashed at 2 in the morning during diagnostics. But hey, I got my Moped running ;)

Damn dukestreet, over the last 10 minutes I've seen 3 different versions of your avatar.

15. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Oh, I get it now--sorry guys. Didnt mean to cause more waves. Hell, I still dont know what the VPG of DGVPG stands for....

See, thats why I can never be a DGVPG member, because Im a dumb-*ss. :)

Oh, and even if I became a DGVPG, Id keep the spinning Powerbook--Im going to change the desktop on it though.....

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

No one would force you to change, just so you know.

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

GREAT! As I said before I love that 'tar, it's awsome and my fav of all the 'tars! :D

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

And who do you think did all the others? Ha, and you haven't even seen all of them yet. More to come.....

19. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I did notice a recurring theme...

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I didn't notice anything...

what are u guys talking about? :rolleyes:

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

damn, it was that obvious.....

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

some people u just cannot fool... ;)

23. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I thought we were going for a subliminal message kind of thing...:( :rolleyes:

24. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

All right. Payup. I told you they would notice. ;)

Oh, no its winkie!!!

25. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Well

I noticed that all the tars done by duke have a black person in them. Why not a white person too?