What is wrong with this 15" PB???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wPod, Nov 3, 2005.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I've been debating getting a 15" PB for a while(since the iPod video was announced). I currently have a 12" PB but it doesn't have USB 2, so I thought I would try out a 15" while I was making a small upgrade. Not wanting to buy the top of the line new PB, because I want to wait until the intels come out to get a nice top of the line machine, I was looking at a 1GHz 15" PB under apple refurbished. Well today I was surfing my way to buy one and then noticed a 1.33Ghz 15" refurbished for the same price of 1299!! I was shocked, I dont know why a 1Ghz is the same price as a 1.33 ghz. Everything thing else seems the same, combo drive, 60GB, 256MB, so I don't know why they would be the same price. Is there something extra wrong with the 1.33 ghz model but not wrong with the 1ghz model? just curious. I ended up ordering the 1.33 cause its slightly more power for the same price.
  2. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2005
    Deepest Regions of Hell
    It could have been an older model of one of the aluminum ones, say a 1g one
  3. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

Jan 13, 2005
    I don't know why it would be the same price, but you made the right choice to go with the 1.33 I think. I often see old ibooks selling on ebay for only £100-£200 less than a brand new one. It's part of the price holding capabilities of the apple range of computers!