What is www.bagotronics.com?

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Oct 29, 2002.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Go to www.bagotronics.com. It makes no sense. How do they have enough $$$ to run 8 full page adds in the NY Times? Watch the video.

2. pantagruel macrumors regular

weird, that page is really odd, and I couldnt find any info on google either. it says come back to the page on the 31st.
    Dont know about you but I want some Magic Business Pixie Dust!@!@

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is damn funny - and I guess something is a foot tomorrow, so we'll have to wait. I can't imagine what they are doing, truly strange.

What I don't get is how did they get Ben Vereen? And if its a bunch of high school kids doing it, where's the money coming from?

D

4. medea macrumors 68030

medea

This is hilarious, is this acutally running on TV? Where did you hear about it coopdog? I can't wait until tomorrow to see who is behind this.

Did you guys ever see the fake Beastie Boys infomercial for Hello Nasty?

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Hmmmm, don't you love how when they say 'Backwards' at the end and point there fingers, how they just sit there trying to stay in the same position. LOL, well this is kinda dumb. :rolleyes:

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

well it's the 31st and the website hasnt changed:rolleyes: maybe they are lazy?
    did anyone see anything in the new york times about it?

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Thanks for the link agreenster - now where's that link to the animation.....;)

from the article

'A little Web sleuthing finds that www.ogilvy.com — the Web site for Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, the big ad agency that is part of the WPP Group — is behind the Bagotronics site. I.B.M. is a major Ogilvy client, and Samuel J. Palmisano, I.B.M.'s chief executive, is giving a speech today in New York before hundreds of executives and industry analysts. The subject, analysts say, is I.B.M.'s vision of the future of computing, with companies buying information technology as they would a utility service, somewhat like electricity. This new direction in computing is expected to be backed up with a marketing campaign.'

That is nuts for an ad campaign - there wasn't all that much exposure, except in the paper - I wonder what's going to happen?

D

8. medea macrumors 68030

medea

well here it is:
    A powerful transformation is taking place. Powered by e-business, inspired by new ideas, based solely in reality.
    We are entering a new era in business – the on demand era. It's a time when your customers will demand that you be more responsive, more flexible, more resilient than ever before. They will expect you to build products only when they are ordered – to literally deliver things "on demand," with a level of customization never before expected.
    Your suppliers, partners, contractors and every department within your own organization will demand tighter integration of critical processes – so they can deliver what customers want without a single minute of wasted time. Your shareholders will demand that you wring every last bit of value from your business and every bit of inefficiency from your business model.
    You might feel you need something miraculous—like a Business Time Machine—in order to survive. Unfortunately, there isn't one. Instead, you'll need a partner. One offering tools that work in new ways, and people who understand your business and the technology it runs on. A partner that's a leader and a partner you can trust. A partner, in other words, like IBM.

http://www-3.ibm.com/e-business/doc/content/feature/vision.html

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Truly wild way of marketing. Has anyone seen the ad - its in todays paper right?

I love the blurry image on the IBM link you post medea - its got a pic of the business time machine from Bagotronic, ha!

On a side note, a search at the IBM website for bagotronic or bagotronics pulled up absolutely nothing.

D

10. cplater macrumors newbie

cplater

11. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

My Animation

Immediately following graduation, I got swept into a company doing full time 3D animation 12 hours a day--plus I got married.

In the last few months, this work exposure has increased my animation skills incredibly, so Im not sure I want anyone to see my 'old' college work! ;)

I dont know if that makes any sense, but basically I have NO time to get that animation cleaned up and online (along with my demo reel) PLUS, Im not sure its good enough for a look....it aint bad though--It just looks like undergrad work (which it IS)