What is you choice as best iPad stylus?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dadoftwogirls, Apr 10, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

There have been a couple small, nice reviews here on some available stylus. However, There are lots out there, Griffin, Alu, Boxwave, Elago, Pogo, Hard Candy, Targus.... So if you've found one you love, please share brand, model, apps you use it with, and why it works best for you.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502

Boxwave is the best selling stylus on amazon, i brought boxwave from amazon, plus Targus from best wave. I think Targus is better for its response and light wave.
    Griffin is the same as targus and boxwave.. but expensive.

3. M-5
    macrumors 6502a

M-5

I just purchased the Nataal from Amazon for around $8 or so, and I like it. I haven't tried any others though. The Nataal is the same pen as the Acase; and from the pictures, the tip looks very very similar to the Griffin stylus.

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors regular

I have a boxwave as well. Only other one I tried was my parent's pogo stylus and OMG is that thing unusable for me (had to keep it perpendicular to the screen and use some pressure before it registered). The boxwave I can almost just let it's own weight be enough to register on the ipad (you do still have to touch the barrel for the capacitance to work)

6. macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Tried Targus, then bought Nataal (which is the same as the Acase 2nd gen and AYL, just cheaper). I like it, and I can do great things with it, but I wish the tip wasn't as squishy (not that big of a problem... but we're all looking for a pen-like experience, I'm sure).

7. macrumors member

I have the targus stylus, the nataal, and the pogo sketch. I actually ended up being pretty disappointed with the nataal, because sometimes when writing and sketching, it momentarily won't register, leaving gaps in what I'm doing. It also just doesn't glide quite as well as the targus - there's a lot more resistance.

8. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Really love using the AluPen. You can find some reviews on it.

9. macrumors regular

got the griffin stylus from target. i believe they are the same like the boxwave one.

10. macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

how "pointy" are these styluses? for drawing and such? the fatness of the point leads me to think its no better than a finger...no finger grease i guess...

11. macrumors member

A little smaller than a U.S. dime and certainly smaller than a typical finger....pointy ones won't be happening. If they could happen, they would have happened by now. Maybe when the iPad version XYZ comes with layered capacitive/active/passive digitizers then we would see a pointy stylus.

Boxwave is my favorite mostly because I like the pen in the other side (of the model I got).

12. macrumors newbie

Best iPad Stylus

I have Griffin stylus and Pogo Sketch. I love Pogo sketch the most.

However both have own pros and cons. I wrote a post on best ipad stylus you might like to read. :p

13. macrumors regular

Anyone have experience with the Bamboo?

--Sean

14. macrumors 68020

I have the Targus, Boxwave and Acase stylus.

Targus is the best, IMHO.

15. macrumors newbie

Mafteah

16. macrumors 68020

I have Alupen and it is very good.
    But I have my eyes set on the Bamboo Stylus. Wacom does make great products and they have years of experience creating stylus. I would expect their new product to follow their reputation.

17. macrumors member

kinda of off subject buut you can easily make your own using conductive foam and some wire. i cant compare it to any other stylus because i don't own any others but i think it is pretty sensitive

18. macrumors member

can you point me (us) to that model?

19. macrumors member

pics?!!?

20. macrumors regular

21. macrumors 6502

22. macrumors regular

23. macrumors member

Yeah, gonna order me a bamboo next month also I think :)

24. macrumors member

yes, thanks for that review link.

as I don't want to spend quite that much ($30), will be going with what seemed like his overall 2nd choice of the Kuel H10.

25. macrumors member

Am testing the Ozaki iStroke L which I just bought and it's good! I feel that my handwriting will suck with whichever stylus, if I am not able to rest my wrist on the table.