What is your cologne or perfume?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by StarbucksSam, Apr 16, 2006.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

What is your cologne or perfume? I used to have many, but I've slimmed down my collection quite a bit. Now I use the following:

Chanel Allure Homme on a regular daily basis
    Burberry Brit when I am in the mood
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male when I want to wear something really noticeable
    Polo Purple when I get nostalgic and think of my friends in Florida where I bought it

My biggest problem is that I'd like to switch them off often but it sticks in your skin and when the scents mix, sometimes they aren't great. I think that the ones I hav can mostly be mixed, but you can't touch something like Polo Purple with Chanel Allure.

What do you use?

2. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

On those rare occations where "smell gooder" is necessary, I usually spritz on a little Claiborne Sport for Men. But since I never date, it tends to be necessary very rarely. My bottle has lasted almost 2 years now and it would last longer if my mother didn't sneak into my room and use it.

Wow, inadvertantly in that post, I may have disclosed the reason I date so infrequently...lol ;)

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Ralph Lauren Romance for men. Don't use it often at all. Wouldn't even have it, but it was a gift. I think the bottle is going to last me forever - a little definitely goes a long way; I have been working on the same one for a few years and it's only half gone...

4. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

See, I don't like Romance (for myself, but I do in general), but I love Romance Silver. Ralph makes some GREAT colognes. It's a shame that black and purple are so alike. Maybe I'll buy romance silver.

5. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Oh! I LOVE my bottle of Bvlgrari Aqva. It's the best smelling cologne ever, and the bottle is shaped like a huge M&M:p.

6. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

That's one fantastic fragrance. I've ALMOST bought it every time I've smelled it, but just never been SURE.

7. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

My favourite is Baldessarini by Hugo Boss, in the metal bottle obviously!

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I've never worn an aftershave. I have a very poor sense of smell (I can only detect very, very strong scents) so I'm not too keen on wearing something if I don't know how it smells to other people. And of course if I can actually smell an aftershave it's a sign that it's a particularly foul smelling concoction and I wouldn't want to be wearing something like that anyway. :p

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Any kind of Axe. :) Cheap and effective. Kilo is my favorite.

10. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Armani City Glam.

RL Romance is the back-up and I'm also quite partial to the new RL Black, but City Glam is my clear favourite.

11. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Issey Miyake for Men, but I've been wearing that for years.
    A friend of mine has just got a job working for one of the biggest scent manufacturers, and she's been giving me bottles of stuff that either hasn't been released yet, or has just come out. Problem is they're in industrial bottles with cryptic labels, so I have to rely on her for the info.
    Currently rocking the new Armani one (but I have no idea of the name).
    My girlfriend is very happy though - she's getting Chanel cosmetics :p

12. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i hate axe. I don't really have anything against the product itself, but more so the effects of it. I mean the smell itself is okay, and i agree that it is cheap, but that product has DESTROYED middle school / high school locker rooms forever. It's like a cloud of Axe scent, gross. Can't be too good for the lungs ;)

EDIT: I myself don't use cologne, but i do use Old Spice Invisible Solid Glacier Falls deodorant. The ladies enjoy it (they always say i smell great at least) whenever the get close so no need for me to buy something expensive...

13. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

ive been using axe and other cheap colognes. how can you tell if a cologne is of good quality? and what kind of smell gets the opposite sex? (yes i know, very broad...my bad)

14. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I'm actually pretty ambivalent towards it, but since it's the only thing I've got, it's what I wear when I don't want to smell like deodorant or soap. This isn't very often, apparently, seeing how long the bottle has lasted. ::Shrugs::

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

16. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Bvlgari Green Tea Extreme
    Bvlgari Light Blue

are my two favorites, green tea for warmer days, light blue for cool days and evenings...
    occasional lavender essential oil , or really good rose oil...

17. Angelus macrumors 6502

I use Farenheit by Dior. Dad got it for me last christmas as a present. Its really nice.

18. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Blah. Not my taste. I think the bottle is gorgeous, though. And the name. I just wish I liked the smell. Sometimes I wish i could just collect them for the bottles.

19. CompUser Guest

I concur in conjuncture. Its soooo annoying and it smells gross.

----

I rarely use cologne, but I have some stuff from Abercrombie and Fitch. (I am known as an abercrombie zombie/aberzombie.

20. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I don't think it smells bad, actually. I make my little brother keep some in my car (little brothers have a tendancy to smell bad). I just don't like the brand image.

21. HughJ macrumors regular

i wear the following on a regular basis:

Ghost
    Issey Miyaki
    Gant G2
    Burberry Touch
    Gucci Envy

22. risc macrumors 68030

risc

23. CompUser Guest

It smells bad when people just spray an entire bottle of it into the air in a room. People my age really seem to have a fascination with aerosol spray bottles.

If they aren't making "axe bombs" out of them, or spraying it in the air, or at people, they are lighting the cans on fire and watch them explode.

24. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Every day colognes: Davidoff Blue Water or Farenheit
    Special days: L'eu de L'homme(expensive stuff)
    Nostalgic times: Aqua Velva or High Karate:D

25. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

It's branded from Hollister, that's all I know, and it smells good. :D