What is Your Favorite Color?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ~Shard~, Jan 26, 2006.

?

What is Your Favorite Color?

1. Red

14 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Blue

26 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. Brown

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. Yellow

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Purple

12 vote(s)
    12.6%
  6. Pink

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. Black

10 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. White

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. Green

11 vote(s)
    11.6%
  10. Grey

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
  11. Orange

8 vote(s)
    8.4%
  12. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Well, from my searching through the Forums, it appears as though this question hasn’t been asked for a few years now (last thread I could find was this one). So, since we have a significant number of new members since the last time this was asked, I thought I’d ask the question again to see what the responses would be like!

So, what is your favorite color, and more importantly, why? Just a warning upfront that I’m sure any one-word responses will probably just get removed as spam/useless posts, so a brief explanation would be helpful for all involved. ;) :)

2. Sushi7 macrumors newbie

Sushi7

Hi,

Your right this is an important thread. My favourite color is red because its the color of love and passion for me. When I see red, I feel like there is something special going on. Alot of my friends think its weird but its not to me.

Sushi7 ;)

3. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

You must have loved American Beauty.

I could never pick a favorite color. Even from very early in childhood, people would try to ask me, and I'd never know. They're all just colors to me; I mean, I guess I could pick "puke" as a least favorite, but no one color has ever stood above the rest for me. *shrug*

4. Sushi7 macrumors newbie

Sushi7

Hi,

wow, that was a good right guess! Yes I did love American Beauty..

Sushi7 ;)

5. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Oh, and I guess I should post my favorite color as well. :eek:

It's RED. For me, red symbolizes action, confidence, courage and vitality. Interestingly enough, reserach states that red is the color most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males, which describes me perfectly on both counts! ;) :cool:

Here is a cool analysis I found for the color red, which sheds some insight on possibly why it is my favorite color in some aspects:

Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.

Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. It has very high visibility, which is why stop signs, stoplights, and fire equipment are usually painted red. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.

Red brings text and images to the foreground. Use it as an accent color to stimulate people to make quick decisions; it is a perfect color for 'Buy Now' or 'Click Here' buttons on Internet banners and websites. In advertising, red is often used to evoke erotic feelings (red lips, red nails, red-light districts, 'Lady in Red', etc). Red is widely used to indicate danger (high voltage signs, traffic lights). This color is also commonly associated with energy, so you can use it when promoting energy drinks, games, cars, items related to sports and high physical activity.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Favorite colour changes over time, but for a while now it's been orange.

The quality of polls are really going downhill, I must say... :p

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

red

seems to be a popular choice thus far, i'm kind of surprised by that actually. not sure why but red has always just been an appealing color to me.

and no comments about my name being Blue, that is my parents' fault.
    :p

8. David L. macrumors newbie

Green, Yellow, Red or Blue; depends on my mood [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

My favorite color has always been blue (pale blues, not bright or navy blue, to be more specific). It's just a soothing color to me, I guess that's why I like it.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

you flirt. :p

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Red for me, too. I've always loved red... red cars, red clothes, red jewels... red lips (on most women)...

Doesn't hurt that Chinese/Lunar New Year's is coming up. :D

13. bartelby macrumors Core

Even though, technically, it's not a colour. My favourite is BLACK.

14. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I used to like green but now purple is probably my favourite because it is the colour of the University I went to (Durham) and I associate it with good times.

15. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Purple, all the way. Others may come and go, but purple is a constant. I can't say what it is about the color, but it has always been my favorite [at least, as long as I've actually had a favorite].

Of late, I've also really been into greys and silvers, mostly for my electronic gear.

16. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Black.

Cars:
    Look great in black
    Get a sleek car in black with limo tints, he's maintaining low profile yet is the sweetest thing on the road.

Clothes:
    Black always looks good.
    You always wonder about the person sporting all black (not talking about the gothies, we all wonder about them in different way:) ) Wearing all of any other color usually has people wondering in a bad way. Except when you are attending P diddy's white parties, then you blend in.

Symbolism:
    Mystery and Power.
    Majority fears the darkness and the mystery that accompanies it.
    You see the fleet of black vehicles go by and you think either someone died or something big is going down.

I could go on and on, about the coolness of black but I think most get the idea.

17. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

Lately it's been green, a more earthy olive green to be more specific. Other shades of green, not so much.

18. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Orange. One of the colors of my high school. Bright orange....not burnt.

19. mdavey macrumors 6502a

mdavey

Purple?

For those that replied "purple", do you mean indigo or violet?

For me, it is indigo. A bright, vivid indigo. This is close.

My second favourite colour is International Klein Blue or Ultramarine or electric blue.

My favourite colour used to be green when I was younger.

20. Melkor macrumors 6502

Orange but I don't really know why though. Orange food usually tastes good. Except cheese, I hate cheese.

21. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Hey, at least it's better than the MacPolls "daily" polls which change once a week! :eek: :p ;) :D

Some interesting responses so far, thanks guys!

And iBlue, now I know why you have red as well as blue in your avatar design - makes perfect sense!

Nice one! We also would have accepted, "I don't mind feeling blue..." :cool:

22. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

23. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

24. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Blue is the color for me. Any shade of blue will pretty much do it, but darker blues are usually my favorite. I like it because it is very calming and cool. Not to mention that I think I look good in blue... ;)

25. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

I thought 12 options would be enough, but there are always ones you never think about... :p ;)

Sorry, I should have made it so you could vote for more than one color - that way you could have voted for green and blue, which would essentially be the same as teal. ;)