What is your favorite family Holiday tradition?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mac-er, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

What does your family do every Holiday season that you really look forward to, that always gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

My favorite holiday tradition is when one of my Uncle's dresses up as Santa Claus.... now that the "kids" are older, we all know who dresses up but that still doesn't stop the tradition

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Family Christmas Dinner at my parent's place on Christmas Eve, with all our relatives. Just a great time, something I always look forward to. :)

4. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

well on christmas ever is when we really celebrate
    we get ready for church and go there at 8 and get out at 9
    once we get home we always get out snacks (summer sasuage, crackers, shrip, cheese)
    we snack on that for a while
    then we start to excange gifts from under the tree we take turns opening gifts one by one

5. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

6. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Not really a family traditions but it is something I do every year, wake up early around 9am and get a glassof egg-nogg, go back to bed and watch christmas specials(I watch yogis christmas every year) and I can always here my mom frantically cooking in the background cuz we have a huge dinner every christmas eve.

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Well, my more recent favorite tradition is drinking "brown soda" (good dark beer) and playing way too much playstation with my father-in-law and brother-in-law after the kids are all put into bed. This year it will be Battlefield 2 Modern Combat and Hot Shots Fore golf ont he PS2. Might throw in a bit of Time Splitters or Medal of Honor in there for kicks.

One year got the whole family into it (mother-in-law, wife, and sister-in-law). funny moment was when my mother-in-law is yelling at the top of her lungs "What can't I kill you? I am hitting you right in the head!" My sister-in-law is not the gun rearing type (even play ones) but she got into it that same year shooting my wife often. I think that is the only one she killed in the game- my wife. Can we say a little sibling rivarly?:D :eek:

8. jamesjacksones macrumors newbie

Family holidays

Every year All Inclusive holidays are becoming more popular and have become the number one choice of holidays for the British holiday market.

Family holidayshttp://www.handyhols.com/