What is your favorite Mac magazine??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bzollinger, Jan 9, 2006.

1. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Hello,

My second (I bouth two macs in 05:D )trial subscription to Macworld just expired, and I wanted to get your opinions regarding all the Mac based magazines there are available.

What do you subscibe to? Are you going to renew your subscription? What do you like about your subscriptions?

Thanks in advance for any/all insight!

2. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Macguide NZ (See the signature for why) ;)

iCreate

3. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I really enjoy iCreate, and Macworld UK. iCreate is also from the UK so I don't know about subscriptions to North America, but I buy it every once and a while from Chapters as a special treat.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Dude, I'm already on MacRumours too much as it is. Would it be in my best interest to spend the 25th hour of my day reading about Macs on print media as well?

Answer: YES!!

5. mpw Guest

I don't bother with subscriptions anymore as I tell myself I'll stop buying so many magazines (but it hasn't worked) there are only a few I'll read every issue without fail and they include 'Autocar' and the UK 'MacUser'. Those two alone are $30per month!

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Australian MacWorld.

All the same stories as the US version of MacWorld but the paper stock, printing, layout and editorials are far superior. Well, the editorials are subjective but the magazine is much better quality.

Doesn't come with a CD but it's only AUD$6.95. Not bad at all when the rest of them are pushing $20 cause they are all flown in from OS.

7. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I enjoy sometimes reading MacWorld and Mac Addict. But I don't subscribe.

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I am the same, in fact i really like reading ANY mac magazine, they are all really interesting to me, i'll usually sit in barnes & nobles and read them for maybe 30 minutes whenever i go ;)

9. iGary Guest

iGary

I subscribe to Macworld and Macaddict.

I prefer Macworld, if given a choice. Macaddict tries to be too cutsie.

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I have subscribed to Macworld for a few years now and really enjoy it. I have read MacAddict and others, but prefer Macworld. But to each his own!

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

12. After G macrumors 68000

After G

MacFormat. Read one issue, thought it was good.

I'd pick Macworld over MacAddict here in the US though.

13. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, so I'm the only one here who thinks that getting all the latest Mac news and rumours from MacRumours, learning all about Apple and all the major companies who write software for them from MR, discovering great new 3rd party shareware and freeware apps from other MR members, getting buying advice from MR, getting software advice and help from MR, getting advice about 3rd party accessories and peripheral hardware from MR, programming help from MR, graphics and photography advice from MR members, computer industry discussions within the MR forums, and even discussions about non-Apple discussing at MR is enough?

I now feel like the coolest person in the room.