Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pink-pony115

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
U.S
Hey
I was just wondering what your favorite restaurant is. Mine is a little mexican restaurant in Texas called Escalante's. They make heavenly chicken quesadillas. :D

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I've linked to this restaurant so many times you folks must think I'm part of some viral advertising scheme.

Fact is, they cook fish so freaking good ... ugh ... and the sweet potato fries ...

Maxies Supper Club in scenic Ithaca, NY ...

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Ding Tai Fung, famous restaurant in Taiwan. They're best known for their xiao long bao, which are peerless in the world.

For the states, though, it's a really tough choice. For places I can regularly afford, my favorite place would have to be Chipotle, a mexican restaurant.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
80 Spaces - 108 Chapel St, Windsor, Victoria, Australia

It's more of a relaxded cafe than a restaurant, and the food is just amazing heaps of wraps and pides. YUM YUM YUM!!!

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Probably The Cheesecake Factory. Pity they don't have them in the UK but that's no surprise... and I can't really complain. ;)

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Restaurant Baximar in Tavira, Portugal is a very nice little restaurant.

In the UK, there is one in Tring but i cant remember the name. A named one is Zizzis

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
iBlue said:
Probably The Cheesecake Factory. Pity they don't have them in the UK but that's no surprise... and I can't really complain. ;)

I would 2nd that, the cheesecake factory is very good indeed. Once i ordered chicken fingers, normally eat 3-4 and if i am really hungry i might order some heavy starters. When the waiter brought it it had 12 huge chiken fingers, fires that could fill 3 people and a huge corn on the cob. I mean who the hell can eat all that? Do Americans really eat all that at lunch/dinner?

Next time we went there we went as a group of 4 and we only ordered for 2 people, funny thing is there was still left overs :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
crazycat said:
I would 2nd that, the cheesecake factory is very good indeed. Once i ordered chicken fingers, normally eat 3-4 and if i am really hungry i might order some heavy starters. When the waiter brought it it had 12 huge chiken fingers, fires that could fill 3 people and a huge corn on the cob. I mean who the hell can eat all that? Do Americans really eat all that at lunch/dinner?

Next time we went there we went as a group of 4 and we only ordered for 2 people, funny thing is there was still left overs :)

You order chicken fingers and fries at the Cheesecake Factory?

You know, with such a generic name, i think there's probably a "Cheesecake Factory" in every country. The one near my home sells only cheesecakes and desserts. ;)

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Abstract said:
You order chicken fingers and fries at the Cheesecake Factory?

You know, with such a generic name, i think there's probably a "Cheesecake Factory" in every country. The one near my home sells only cheesecakes and desserts. ;)

CAJUN CHICKEN "LITTLES"
Boneless Breast of Chicken Pieces, Spiced, Breaded and Fried Crisp.
Served with Mashed Potatoes and Corn on the Cob

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
crazycat said:
CAJUN CHICKEN "LITTLES"
Boneless Breast of Chicken Pieces, Spiced, Breaded and Fried Crisp.
Served with Mashed Potatoes and Corn on the Cob

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm

Ok, definitely different from THIS Cheesecake Factory.

BakedBeans said:
Macdonalds.

I hope there's a restaurant called MacDonald's named after someone with that surname, rather than McDonalds the fast food restaurant. :confused:

PS: When I want something quick and it doesn't need to be healthy, BK is the place to go.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Bona Cucina, an Italian restaurant in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania.

The building and its neighbourhood looks like hell and there aren't any good seats but the food is always amazing and the people working there are friendly. I tend to find that the best food is at a hole-in-the-wall place.

I also can recommend Tsukiyama, a Japanese restaurant at City Line and Haverford Avenues in Philadelphia.

As chains of restaurants go, Romano's Macaroni Grill and Bertucci's aren't bad for Italian but I haven't found others that really make me want to return.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
BakedBeans said:
Macdonalds.

Is that like another resteraunt, and i Hate MCDONALDS

Place in Atlanta called Persepolis.........Best place for persian food, not to mention Carro de boi, best Brasilian food ever. And lots of Gurana:D

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Roy's Place (especially sandwich #160) ;)

I also enjoy La Tormenta (a little authentic Mexican place in Provo, UT - the name comes from what happens in your bowels if you order the special of the day), Cheesecake Factory desserts, Cinnabon desserts, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, In-N-Out, Carls Jr., Jack in the Box, G&M (best crabcakes in MD, and therefore in the world), Mike's Pastry (in Boston), Seppi's (in NYC), Jose Tejas (in Iselin, NJ), the Grease Trucks at Rutgers, and Don Jose in Phoenix, AZ.

L

Lau

iGav said:
Wimpy.

Seriously.

Heh! I actually really like Wimpy too. Not to the point of being my favourite restaurants, but above the burger places. Quarter pounder with cheese with nice sauce and a brown bun. Mmm.

And you get plates and a knife and fork, and tea in a cup and saucer. It's proper posh, like. :)

And they have a menu item called "Bender in a bun" with the catchphrase "Are you a big and bendy bender biter?", and you can't argue with that kind of marketing. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.