What is your Favorite Restaurant?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pink-pony115, Aug 27, 2006.

1. pink-pony115 macrumors regular

pink-pony115

Hey
    I was just wondering what your favorite restaurant is. Mine is a little mexican restaurant in Texas called Escalante's. They make heavenly chicken quesadillas. :D

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I've linked to this restaurant so many times you folks must think I'm part of some viral advertising scheme.

Fact is, they cook fish so freaking good ... ugh ... and the sweet potato fries ...

Maxies Supper Club in scenic Ithaca, NY ...

3. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Ding Tai Fung, famous restaurant in Taiwan. They're best known for their xiao long bao, which are peerless in the world.

For the states, though, it's a really tough choice. For places I can regularly afford, my favorite place would have to be Chipotle, a mexican restaurant.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

80 Spaces - 108 Chapel St, Windsor, Victoria, Australia

It's more of a relaxded cafe than a restaurant, and the food is just amazing heaps of wraps and pides. YUM YUM YUM!!!

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Probably The Cheesecake Factory. Pity they don't have them in the UK but that's no surprise... and I can't really complain. ;)

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Restaurant Baximar in Tavira, Portugal is a very nice little restaurant.

In the UK, there is one in Tring but i cant remember the name. A named one is Zizzis

7. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I would 2nd that, the cheesecake factory is very good indeed. Once i ordered chicken fingers, normally eat 3-4 and if i am really hungry i might order some heavy starters. When the waiter brought it it had 12 huge chiken fingers, fires that could fill 3 people and a huge corn on the cob. I mean who the hell can eat all that? Do Americans really eat all that at lunch/dinner?

Next time we went there we went as a group of 4 and we only ordered for 2 people, funny thing is there was still left overs :)

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Young Chow, NYC, 4th avenue and 13th street.

e

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You order chicken fingers and fries at the Cheesecake Factory?

You know, with such a generic name, i think there's probably a "Cheesecake Factory" in every country. The one near my home sells only cheesecakes and desserts. ;)

10. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

There is this amazing indian place called Coriander's which can do no wrong. Anything you order is divine.

11. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

CAJUN CHICKEN "LITTLES"
    Boneless Breast of Chicken Pieces, Spiced, Breaded and Fried Crisp.
    Served with Mashed Potatoes and Corn on the Cob

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu.htm

12. Frisco macrumors 68020

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, definitely different from THIS Cheesecake Factory.

I hope there's a restaurant called MacDonald's named after someone with that surname, rather than McDonalds the fast food restaurant. :confused:

PS: When I want something quick and it doesn't need to be healthy, BK is the place to go.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Bona Cucina, an Italian restaurant in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania.

The building and its neighbourhood looks like hell and there aren't any good seats but the food is always amazing and the people working there are friendly. I tend to find that the best food is at a hole-in-the-wall place.

I also can recommend Tsukiyama, a Japanese restaurant at City Line and Haverford Avenues in Philadelphia.

As chains of restaurants go, Romano's Macaroni Grill and Bertucci's aren't bad for Italian but I haven't found others that really make me want to return.

15. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Is that like another resteraunt, and i Hate MCDONALDS

Place in Atlanta called Persepolis.........Best place for persian food, not to mention Carro de boi, best Brasilian food ever. And lots of Gurana:D

16. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Potbelly's Sandwich Works in Chicago.

And for dessert, The Cheesecake Factory in Chicago as well. :)

17. iGav macrumors G3

18. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

An angle lost its wings and died, somewhere in heaven.

19. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Roy's Place (especially sandwich #160) ;)

I also enjoy La Tormenta (a little authentic Mexican place in Provo, UT - the name comes from what happens in your bowels if you order the special of the day), Cheesecake Factory desserts, Cinnabon desserts, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, In-N-Out, Carls Jr., Jack in the Box, G&M (best crabcakes in MD, and therefore in the world), Mike's Pastry (in Boston), Seppi's (in NYC), Jose Tejas (in Iselin, NJ), the Grease Trucks at Rutgers, and Don Jose in Phoenix, AZ.

20. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

In Heaven, are they all right angles?

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

22. Lau Guest

Heh! I actually really like Wimpy too. Not to the point of being my favourite restaurants, but above the burger places. Quarter pounder with cheese with nice sauce and a brown bun. Mmm.

And you get plates and a knife and fork, and tea in a cup and saucer. It's proper posh, like. :)

And they have a menu item called "Bender in a bun" with the catchphrase "Are you a big and bendy bender biter?", and you can't argue with that kind of marketing. ;)

23. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Potbelly's is okay, but I think Panera is much better.