What is your ideal game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ghall, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

If you could dream up a video game, what whould it be like?

For me, it whould be an RPG were you completly design your very own charachter, kind of like the Sims, with a mission system similar to Escape Velocity, as well as some RTS elements as well. It whould be like a Sims 2 meets Escape Velocity meets Final Fantasy meets Age of Empires. It would have a huge, emmersive world to explore, and hundreds of missions that you can undertake. Probably not possible with current technology, and it would probably be a pretty huge game (15-20 GB at least), but it's fun to dream.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Games that have a good story/gameplay/graphics....and the rest is history

I'm looking at you Silent Hill...I would rip SH off seriously.

Bless

3. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Hmmmm.... it would loke a lot like Zelda: Twilight Princess!! :p

On a serious note, it would be a game which could analyse input data in the form of text and video and turn it into a game or simulation. Way beyond today's technology of course. I'm talking Holodeck type simulations in Star Trek. I'm not going as far as an actual virtual simulator like in Star Trek but graphics that actually look 100% lifelike and more importantly the simplicity like they have in Star Trek where they go "Computer, read all of the Dixon Hill novels and create a simulation based on that with myself playing the character of Dixon Hill" and that's it. That would be the ueber coolest thing in the world ever, mark 3!!

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

To be honest. I would like an autopsy game. Someone dies, and you have to find out what caused it.

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Sounds like the DS could do that game well. :)

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

its why i like trauma center so much and can't wait till sunday to get it for the Wii

7. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I can't decide whether to get Trauma Center or not. My first game is going to be Zelda: TP no matter what. :D That should hold me until I can buy another game.

8. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I think the ultimate game already exists, and that would be Beyond Good & Evil on the cube. Simply amazing. Honestly, I couldn't even think of anything to improve. Too bad nobody bought the damn thing, with more commercial success I think it could have become a long lasting franchise to rival even Zelda. The whole thing is just a remarkably well crafted and put together game with rich and subtle details. Amazing voice acting, an extremely unique original soundtrack, compelling story, perfect controls and awesome graphics. Best game ever.

9. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Does anyone remember Quest 64 for N64? That was a great game imo. The closest thing I've seen to that is Golden Sun. However, if I could change one thing, I'd get rid of the stupid "run around in a field for 10 hours to get enough level-ups" and have something more fun.

10. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

That sounds really fun, actually. Kind of like those detective games.

11. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I really liked Beyond Good & Evil but felt it was a bit short and I didn't like the fact that you couldn't go back and do side quests after you'd got past certain section of the game. I got the PC version though for improved graphics over the 'cube. The controls were still really good though.

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

A game that mixes Max Payne, with Solider of Fortune with Half Life 2 with Doom3 with Far Cry with F.E.A.R :D

Bullet time Noir Story with limbs that can be shot off with the Half Life Physics engine and graphics with doom 3's spooky feeling with Far Cry's jungle/draw distance with FEAR's sweet particle effects and destructable environments.

13. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

So basically you want a game which accurately simulates blood, gore, smashed limbs at any distance with chainsaws to hack people up with all put to a bit of a Sin City backdrop. Nice. :eek: :p Weirdo! Hehe!

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

RIGHT!

The game I would spend my life on would be an alternatively made (ie, different beliefs and understandings of what traditionally makes a game good) game that pummels the player with thick chunks of atmosphere, something that defied convention with a game. Something with charm and love.

I'm working on something similar myself. Though this isn't my dream game, I just want to make something that potentially gets other people to make better versions of.

Short of that I'd say a new fully 2D Mario game, styled more off Mario Bros 3 than Mario World. With a decent SOUNDTRACK. What the hell is it with recent games and bad music? Even the new Yoshis Island has a **** soundtrack, nothing memorable, cheesy "child like" melodies. No thanks. Give me Huelsbeck, give me Kondo.
    Yea. New Mario. No BS features like online play or anything like that. Just a solid, new 2D Mario.

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

with that dude who did Max Payne's voice to be the lead guy...he sounds hardcore.

16. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ohmygod you've just reminded me what I've wanted and have been going on about for years, I can't believe I forgot!

A new sidescrolling Sonic game. It doesn't have to be 2D graphics, it can be side scrolling 3D as long as its done right and in no way looks worse than a 2D animated version would be. It would have to have all of the features and characters and length of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles combo. It must not have any crappy voiceovers or bad "modern" music of any kind, making use of the same composers used for the original Sonic games. I'd buy a console to play that game on if it was the only game made for it.

17. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I think Spore could very well be mine, if in practice it turns out as good as it should be in theory.

The only trouble is, I have a feeling it'll be a long time till I have a computer powerful enough to play it :(

18. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah, Spore sounds like its going to be fantastic. I just hope its all its hyped up to be. Nearly every new game goes on about super-intelligent AI and things like blasteable walls when its never quite as advanced as they lead on to believe, usually relying on simply better scripting.

19. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Am I the only one who actually couldn't care less about Spore? I really don't see how it stays interesting for more than a week...

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not a fan of them kinda games myself. The only Sim game I've liked was Sim City 3000 (not 2 or 4k even). I'm with ya mate! oo-argh

21. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

Another Max Payne game.

Another Prince of Persia game.

Anything with a unique feature. i.e. Max Payne bullet time and PoP time rewind.

22. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

a Rise of nations type game with the ability to build huge cities and have beautiful graphics and better camera angles ect., and getting rid of the 250 capp on population of your city, and the ability to have city walls

23. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Actually, I'm probably more interested in the technology involved than the game itself. But what I like about those games is that ability to play them to death, leave them on the shelf for a year, and then come back to it again and play it to death again. A bit like Sim City, Rise of Nations, Civ, or Football Manager.

But I do love a game with a really gripping storyline. The only thing with those types of games is that once you've completed the game, no matter how many mini-games, secret passages, weapons, etc that they may put in the game to give it replayability, once I've reached the conclusion, I never see much point in exploring these other areas.

24. afornander macrumors 6502

a halo 2 with rpg elements and the ability to design the look of your character. also every time you play it the plot wuld change a bit, but always be sweet. there would be hundreds of game endings. ;)

25. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Metal Gear Solid 4: FTW!

aside from joking: a game that when your name is spoken (whatever name you use in it) it's actually spoken and spoken perfectly. Give you the ability to make the game properly understand how to pronounce it.

Something with a good story line. FPS's don't have good story lines. Take Gears. No explanation of the "trial," or where the Locusts came from.

New characters, new game. No rehashes, remakes, or sequels/prequels. To be able to take different routes to your destination. Nothing pisses me off more in games than being forced to go places I don't want to.

A game where your character doesn't get stuck on something stupid, like a rock, a crack in the road, or a step.

total exploration of the environment. No locked doors, no "OH MY GOD I JUST CAME THROUGH THAT WAY AND NOW THE DOOR IS BOARDED SHUT (GoW)!!!!"

Very nice graphics. Stable controls.

Online multiplayer for both co-op and battles.

No micro-transactions. 60 bucks gets you the full deal and all later downloads to be free.