Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
For those of us that have had them from the start or anyone who would like to post if you have had yours for a while.... What is your MBP condition like? Pics can be included :D

Me:
Perfect except for a few scratches and 1 dent

2 on the bottom but who cares
1 on the lid from repair centre
and a dent by the magsafe from some girl kicking it:mad:

I love my MBP how bout you guys?

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
More and more scratches on the lid near the bottom, scratches near magsafe from insterting it, same with the expresscard slot, case warping near the RAM/battery area...:(

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
Well, this is now my second MBP and it's PERFECT!! It's like some sort of karma for what I went through with my loud, warped, slow first one. :)

potlatch

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2006
I've had it 2 weeks. Some scratching and a jammed latch button. Expecting paint to peel off. Watch this space.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Had it for about a month, no scratches or any damage whatsoever. The screen is abit dirty if that counts

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
My original MBP had a dent from where someone dropped it by the magsafe. My new MBP C2D is perfect (few tiny scratches on bottom)

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
One 1/2inch diameter hole clean through the screen/case, burn marks on the bottom, gun powder residue throughout the keyboard and top case, and just a couple of minor scratches beside the trackpad. Other than that, it's good as new.

miniguu

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2005
4 weeks. Small scratches near magsafe connector, hairline on the battery (no idea how it happened:mad: )

tvguru

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Kenora, ON Canada
Mine's coming on 6 months. No cosmetic damage just the plastic trim over the optical drive moves. I think the clips have broken from leaning my wrist on it. Should be an easy fix luckily no scratches or dents.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I have a bad (or good?) habit of not taking the new notebook outside on the daily basis as I don't want to expose it to potential damages. My original intention of buying MBP was to take it with me daily (to work); but, I ended up putting it on the iCurve on my computer desk and stay there. Once I have this in my hands, I just don't want to disfigure this beauty. Then, I demoted my 12" PB for the outside duties because I just got rid of 12" iBook.
I think I can keep my notebook computers in good shape even if I take it out on the road every day. So, once my OCD is cured (if you call it OCD), I would bring this with me to work every day.
So far, all of my Macs are in excellent condition.

Radam

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2006
My MBP is quite perfect, no real damage, no dent's no scratches.

Best think you could ever do is not let anyone else use it.

When i had my macbook my girlfriends friend asked if she could use it to get one myspace, so i told her she could, but she had lipgloss on and it was all sparkaly and stuff well she must have rubbed her lips then used the trackpad because there was glossy glitter all over my laptop, needless to say i was very upset, and from then on i never let anyone use my laptop except for me, because i know i will be the most careful with it.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Best think you could ever do is not let anyone else use it.

That is the best possible policy to follow at all times. I also never let anyone touch my computers. I think that is also part of the reasons I have been able to keep mine in good conditions. So far, I could not take my Macs for the air travel because I don't want the security touching my Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.