iPad What is your number one wish for the iPad 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mellofello, Jun 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

They have nailed the screen, and battery life what else could you wish for?

For me I'm hoping that they can shrink the bezels, and make the iPad 5 much lighter.

I know the bezels are forecast, but making it lighter while maintaing great battery will be a challenge.

What are you guys hoping for?

2. macrumors newbie

A7X Processor

I would like to see an A7X processor (Quad core, With quad core graphics, unlike the dual core iPad 4), a better bezel, Colour options (Red, Green, Blue) and a better design and colours for the smart covers. (Even colour the hinge) Intel i5's would be nice :D

3. macrumors regular

A more than decent support for stylus input like Wacom does - it would require an overhaul of the digitizer - but Samsung has been showing the world for a nr. of years that it is possible and we are toying around with half a**ed solutions, each one of them less than perfect.

4. macrumors G3

charlituna

A replaceable display. Doesn't have to be by us. I'd be fine if it was an in store only thing but we have too many oops on set and I'm really getting bored with spending afternoons restoring etc. it's been a godsend to me that the iPhone 5 can have just the display replaced.

My number 2-5 or so would be even better oleophobic coatings, something to make them a bit more readable outside, better sound for the speakers. Better battery and faster processor if that is possible without making the battery terrible (I'd settle for faster processor with the same battery life if I had to I just don't want less). More RAM or whatever to make it less crash crazy. Smaller touch spots to get finer draw lines and perhaps add more handwriting options, and I wouldn't scoff at some pressure sensitivity but I don't expect it to be hundreds of levels like a Wacom. A dozen or so would be a fine start.

5. macrumors 6502

6. macrumors 68020

A7X, iPad mini form factor, 32gb entry level.

Thats it.

7. macrumors 6502a

Number one wish? It won't happen this year, but I would like an ~11" diagonal screen with a slim bezel and the same overall size as the current 9.6" iPad.

8. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

1. As thin as the iPad Mini (thanks to new display technology - IGZO), laminated display (it just looks better from every angle)
    2. Same form factor as iPad Mini, including the dual speakers
    3. A7 chip (quad core graphics)
    4. 8MP iSight camera
    5. As light as it can be given points 1. & 2. above.
    6. Fingerprint scanner embedded in home button.

iOS 7 additions:

7. All the iPhone/iPod Touch iOS apps added - weather, voice memos, passbook, compass, calculator etc
    8. Panoramic photos

9. macrumors 603

10. macrumors 65816

11. macrumors 6502a

That it comes out tomorrow :D

But seriously I've never owned an iPad and I intend for the Ipad 5 to be my first (or a retina mini if that impresses me more).

Mostly I just want continued improvements in iOS (so it is more than a phone OS) and the ability to use an active stylus so it can replace pen & paper.

12. macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Android Boot Camp....if it has to be hardware related SD Card Slot.

13. macrumors newbie

Would love to have it on iPad 5 but apparently there are less chances as we mostly don't get from Apple what we wish for :)

14. macrumors G5

Macman45

15. macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Give it the dimensions and heft of the iPad 2. Otherwise, it's already great.

16. macrumors newbie

my number one wish is simple. A release date!

17. macrumors 68020

iPad mini has stereo speakers, so the chances of iPad 5 getting them as well, are pretty high.

18. macrumors newbie

My # 1 wish is for an enrtry level 32GB model. I know it's unlikely to happen in the next refresh, but it sure would be a nice surprise if we do see it.

19. macrumors 6502

I echo the same wish list. Would also like an SD slot but hold no illusions that will happen...

20. macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    A7 Quad Core Processor, Quad Core Graphics, 256 SSD upgrade:cool:

21. macrumors 65816

MrWillie

To be able to manage an iPod Nano with the iPad.

Come on Apple, please. It's not like I am asking for a pony.

22. macrumors G3

Macs used to have an external isight camera and no sd card slot.

23. macrumors 6502a

The ipad 5 should in a sense be a consumation of the initial ipad vision--especially if it weighs in under .8 lbs. I am not sure where ipads go in the future, which is why apples stock is suffering. The mobile "expansion" is sort of played out

24. macrumors 68000

Thicker. The bloody thing is hard to hold on to. iPad 1 was great in that regard, the new versions are a mess.

25. macrumors 6502a

Yea I agree with everything you just said. Add in a microsd for pple who need it, put in a full hd front facing camera and upgrade the speakers.