Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What email service do you prefer?

• Outlook.com | Live.com | Hotmail.com | MSN.com

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Gmail

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Yahoo! Mail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protonmail

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Other (Tell us)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • iCloud/Mac/Me/iTools

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Gmail ... Because that's what the university runs on.

But I use Unibox as my email client.

So the university is okay for private sector to read your e-mail? I don't understand how people and government is okay with private stuff in open.

Never mind stupid security yahoo uses for their e-mail and always getting hacked with user names and passwords being taken by hackers.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
So the university is okay for private sector to read your e-mail? I don't understand how people and government is okay with private stuff in open.

Never mind stupid security yahoo uses for their e-mail and always getting hacked with user names and passwords being taken by hackers.

If the University runs on it it's not his private correspondence it's the universities.

Yes people should use a private, paid for, encrypted, off US soil email provider.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
My main account is my ISP. Then Gmail and mac.com. Hopefully my ISP doesn't get bought out again and have to hunt down all the users associated with it.
If a buyout makes you change your email address then something is seriously wrong. My original ISP was bought out, then that one was bought out, then it merged with another, followed by another merger. The original email address still works.

Back on topic, I'm using me.com just for convenience.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
If a buyout makes you change your email address then something is seriously wrong. My original ISP was bought out, then that one was bought out, then it merged with another, followed by another merger. The original email address still works.

Back on topic, I'm using me.com just for convenience.
When it was bought out users had about 6 months to change over to the new owners address, (since the previous owner still existed in other regions). It was a hassle, to say the least.

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
If the University runs on it it's not his private correspondence it's the universities.

Yes people should use a private, paid for, encrypted, off US soil email provider.

Any thing through high school, college or University is not private so any such person should not be complaining of web surfing or e-mail.

And anyone that goes to any library ,restaurant, fast food or cafe for internet is not private both web surfing or e-mail.

Tygedb

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2016
I use iCloud Mail, in the past i have signed up with every single email provider there was, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and iCloud. I think i have registered over 50 email accounts in the past 5 years

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Just curious, why so far nobody prefers Yahoo Mail?

I used use yahoo mail and Gmail to I find out they monitor your e-mail to sale for ads.

E-mail is private and the thought of yahoo mail or Gmail checking your e-mail to sale for ads is unacceptable.

Google chrome is the worst. I would disable my routers security for people on my street to see what web sites I go to before I give that over to google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.