What is your selling point for the iPhone or any iDevices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Jan 26, 2013.

?

What makes you buy apple products?

1. Design quality and build

24 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Software GUI

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Hardware specs performance

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. I just like me because they're great products and they are worth it

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Appl3FTW, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013

macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

What do u think?

4th option I meant I just like apple not I just like me... Lulz

2. macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

LogTen Pro for my flight logbook

I don't know where I'd be right now without it and It's probably the reason I'll stick with Apple from here on out.

3. macrumors 68020

T'hain Esh Kelch

Simple, it just works, and gazillions of apps.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

5. macrumors 68000

rocknblogger

Sorry but "It just works" no longer applies. It works well most of the time is more accurate.

6. thread starter macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

For spec hungry customers yes, but for people who wants good quality all around product I wouldn't care if my devices can teleport people.. Who aaa mind blown

7. Guest

Well the iPhone 4 was probably the best phone at the market.

I had an LG enV2 for 2 years and was planning to upgrade to the HTC Droid Incredible (really close) in Nov 2010. Then there were rumors that the iPhone 4 would be on Verizon early next year so I decided to wait. If it didn't come out between Jan-Feb of 2011 I was going to go with the Droid Incredible.

Droid Incredible specs
    -3.7'' AMOLED display (252 ppi)
    -1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
    -512MB RAM
    -8MP camera with 720p HD video recording

So it was pretty good back in 2010.

Think I went with the iPhone 4 instead was cause I had a 1st gen iPod Touch and I liked the apps/games a lot.

Pretty amazing how the iPhone 4 still is being supported in 2013.

8. macrumors 65816

designs216

My wife wanted a simple point and click pocket camera. When I looked at prices, it was cheaper for me to upgrade to a 4S from 3G for the better camera than to buy her a separate device. The 4S is also quicker. So although she didn't strictly need a new iPhone, it made sense.

9. macrumors 68020

You're summary is quite accurate, and it's not a knock on Apple. It's just a fact of life. Manufacturers priorities change to suit their goal of creating maximum wealth for the company.

Based on my experience with the top two platforms, Android & Apple, they both are very good. It's all up to what a person prefers. In my case I must have both to satisfy my love of technology, variety, and staying informed via first hand concurrent experience with platforms of my choice.

The reason concurrent use is critical, is due to the warp speed of progress & change in the tech sector today. A few years ago I was using a current iPhone & a Galaxy S. hands down for my use, the iPhone was superior. Fast forward to today which finds me using an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4. The latest version of Android 4.2.x is so advanced, fast & stable it blows away iOS more than I'd ever believe if I wasn't using it myself.

The bottom line is there's no perfect smartphone, tablet, or computer. They each have their strengths. Conversely there's not a bad one in the bunch which is why I have no reason to bash any of them. They're simply different.

Viva Le Difference!

10. macrumors 6502

Exactly-different people,different opinions---I like android more but value too much the design and build of iPhones and yes the integration of iOS/OSX-here's hoping a lot from iOS7,please don't disappoint :apple:

11. thread starter macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

design and build quality for me > every feature

12. macrumors 601

When u ask "iPhone or any iDevice" it already shows a bias for Apple.

I appreciate hardware designs but am not married to it. I.e. rMBP over-priced.

13. thread starter macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

maybe cuz that's what i wanted, Apple idevices? :rolleyes:

14. macrumors 68020

15. macrumors 68000

Blakjack

16. macrumors regular

I voted design, but I also like the software and all the functionality. The phone has to have appeal over the other phones, with technology advancing as quick as it is, I would hope Apple listens to their customers and keeps upgrading phones in a reasonable timeframe.

17. macrumors 68020

I have a complete Apple eco system, computers, iPads, iPhones, and iPods. I would like nothing better than to have Apple step outside of their comfort zone and release an iPhone with a 4.8" display.

That's all it will take to keep me happy with iOS, as Apple usually makes decent improvements with the OS each rev anyway.

18. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

To be honest, I'm really not sure now that I think about it....

19. thread starter macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

agreed on all accounts... build quality and ecosystem for me too.. from iphone to ipad to macbook to ipod watch lol

20. macrumors 604

Owning both Android and iOS devices, the main advantages of the iDevices for me is the app ecosystem, the gift vouchers and the third party support when it comes to accessories.

21. macrumors 68000

TyPod

I've been an apple user nearly my whole life and never look to change that.

22. macrumors 68000

lamina

Better integration with other Apple devices.

iCloud is killer. I got a MacBook Pro and entered my iCloud account, and boom, there were all my contacts and calendars.

Less fragmentation than the Android market as far as apps. If I am a developer, I have to choose which devices my app is going to work well on, since there are fast and slow tablets. Also screen size, or more specifically, aspect ratio. The iPad mini uses the same height-width ratio as the iPad, meaning that it can run the ~400,000 apps that the full size iPad can.

Better apps. Many of the android apps are free, but man do they SUCK. There was even news of viruses getting into the android market. Not cool.

Better hardware, better design, better OS (argue that all you want), better battery life than its competitors, iTunes Store, iMessage... The list goes on.

23. macrumors regular

Google is pretty good at bringing out cool features, but Apple has THE ecosystem. Apple's App Store, iCloud, and the fact that I prefer OS X over Chrome OS or Windows 7/8 is the only reason I stay with iOS. It's not a bad OS but I'm getting tired of Apple over exaggerating their progress in their mobile software.

Edit: I also don't like phones made out of plastic.

24. macrumors 6502

Fair enough-but iOS 6 was more of a point release than a new OS-am on iOS since iPhone 4, and I do hope for some real changes in UI,if only just for the heck of it.

25. macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

Yes, design quality and build is the selling point of an Apple product. When Apple make something, they design for the world. They don't just make it to make to make it.