What item of clothing have you owned for the longest time.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dogbone, Oct 22, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

And still wear occasionally.

Tell us a little about it.

I have a pair of trousers with a psychedelic style pattern on them that my sister bought me from Carnaby St in 1969. I've had to let them out a bit though. I've been meaning to copy them in illustrator for a few years.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not exactly the same thing, but I occasionally wear my father's 1954 smoking jacket to parties, and my wife occasionally wears an astrakhan-lined, red, blue and gold bedouin desert cloak, circa 1952. Everything elser from that era is far too manky. I do still use a picnic blanket I had at school in 1961.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I have my dad's hawaiian shirt from the 50's.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

A 1940 - 50s tissot gold watch. That was my great grand father's retirement gift.

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

ive got some Converse Chuck Tailors which are pretty old...

i love old school clothing. Theres a shop around melbourne which only sell old-style clothing and band apparel. For those of you around the area, check out Retrostar

6. iGav macrumors G3

I'm still kicking around in pair of All Stars that I bought back in 1993/94 as they've comeback around again. :D

Still wear some band T's from '90-'96 era, but I don't think I've kept anything older than that.

7. bartelby macrumors Core

Oh I also have some old metal and punk t-shirst from the mid 80s I still wear occasionally.

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

A red shirt with Mickey Mouse on it from elementary school. It still fits even though I'm in college.

Either it was bought really big, or I haven't grown at all. :(

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have a pair of loafers that look a lot like this:

[​IMG]

That I bought probably just after my feet grew to their final size. So I've had them for maybe 15 or 16 years. But I never really wore them all that often, and now they're suddenly back in my rotation! I polished them probably more times than I wore them up to this year, so they were in really nice condition, too. :D

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Same w/ me. :p

[​IMG]

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I have a tee-shirt from the Knebworth '90 concert I still wear regularly. It has a couple holes and is rather faded. But, it is made of that really soft, tight cotton, and feels wonderful on - you do not even feel it really.

12. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

13. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My Scotland rugby shirt that I got in 1986 when I went to my first international at Murrayfield. It's slightly faded, has a small hole in the right seam from getting caught on a fence while invading the pitch after a Grand Slam victory in 1990 and the collar will never be truly white again...

...and it gets me lots of drinks bought for me while I'm out watching the 6 nations each year since it gets old-school respect :D Not least since they started making retro replicas a couple of years ago that it gets mistaken for at first...

14. Queso macrumors G4

Mine has to be my Stockport County scarf from 1995. Worn every winter when I'm on the bike :)

15. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

When I switched jobs, I went from kakis and nice shirts to jeans and t-shirts. So I pulled out a few pair of old Levi's I haven't worn in a few years. Probably back to the early 90's. I have a pair of Chuck Taylors I got in High School that I still have. I might have to dig them out now!

16. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

I have a white rabbit fur jacket from the 70's.

My mom gave it to me in the early 90's.

It's really warm and beautiful but I rarely wear it because it's fur.

What do you guys think? Is rabbit fur PC?

17. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

My school T shirt, which i got when I was 7 so that's 11 years old, it's adult size and you got it at the begining to grow into, it was a non uniformed school.

18. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Rabbit fur is OK

i mean you can eat the rabbit so you are not killing it just for the fur...
    mnnn rabbit stew...

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I have................I don't know. I'm really not very old. :p

Meh, it's all relative, I guess. I have a pair of swim shorts from like 10 years ago. I also have a striped shirt from Zara from 5 years ago, but I rarely wear that. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow. :)

Oh, and add my Tissot watch from 6 years ago as well. I got that in Venice on a backpacking trip, and it has a lot of sentimental value. Some prick stole my Casio G-Shock watch in London, and I couldn't afford anything at all while living there, despite working and earning decent money (for a 20 year old......£7.60 per hour). Anyway, I was so incredibly frugal that I'm surprised I didn't starve to death. I wanted to save up money to travel as well, which was difficult. Anyway, on my trip, I decided to spoil myself and get something that I'd remember. I got my parents a (very nice) painting $250 from Rome, and my Tissot. I went price shopping in France, London, Germany, and Switzerland, and Rome, but Venice was like CDN $80 cheaper than anywhere else!