what kind of animal do you relate to?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Dec 30, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am a huge fan of animal planet and i love just about every show on that network...i believe all animals are precious and worthy of our respect

what kind of animal do you relate to? alligator, snake, dog, cat, rabbit, giraffe, lizard, monkey, etc?

i relate most to a viper because:

1) i am changing fields from computers to employment law and lawyers have to be "snakes"...;)

2) i have never been a fighter or all out bully like a lion or hippo (yes, they are dangerous), and i hide away from major conflict but i will defend myself but never be the "alpha" type of creature in the jungle that is life

3) and strangely enough, after collecting many guitars for years, i have actually settled on an esp/ltd viper 300 model

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Cats

I'm usually a pussycat but with one twitch of the tail I can become a hissing, spitting, demonic thing with sharp claws... purr-fectly nasty.

Aloof & transient, and not easily trained.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

A wolf. Wolf's are just sneaky and can be stealthy. They are also tricky to figure out where one will pop out. I can be sneaky and I am tricky to figure out. One minute I can act like a straight A student and than a total Mac geek where I go on and on confusing my friends.

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    mountain lion.

a loner, semi-territorial and generally nocturnal.

Attached Files:

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I was born in the year of the lemur. My favorite animals are hippos and lemurs, with alligators, pigs, and maybe rhinos next in line. And I like video game creatures that are bulbous, such as Dodongos and Wumpuses.

Which one am I like? Maybe a monkey because I'm very much like a human and capable of being silly.

6. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

FROG!

[​IMG]

as the wise kid Calvin once said: "Dad, frogs are our friends..!"

vSpacken

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Does anyone else remember a Saturday Night Live skit, still occasionally shown on replays, where Don Novello, playing Father Guido Sarducci, breaks Paul McCartney's window because he has to ask him an important question?:
    "If you could be any animal, what would it be?"​
    Here's the transcript.

[​IMG]

8. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

A bear. I'm big, hairy (except for my head), and moody. Right now I'm feeling really grouchy because I just finished trying to set up my new DVD/VCR combo, and the #$%^& DVD player doesn't work. And to make matters worse, I sent in the UPC for a rebate, and they said I didn't send in the receipt (yes I did)!!! So now I get to go and try to get a refund or exchange tomorrow. Oh boy. :mad: I'll get back with you on this to let you know what happens.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish that I could still receive "Animal Planet" on my basic Cable. Thoroughly enjoyed that show.

I have always related to dogs. Wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have at least a couple around.

10. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Dogs. I wouldn't want to not have at least one around either. And they don't call it a dog's life for nothing.

12. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Bigfoot. Unseen, scary, and the only video people can seem to take of you is shaky and jittery. All still photos of me are photoshopped.
    :D

I like dogs. Guess I might fall under that category... dunno, really.

13. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

come to think of it, i am very monkey like and silly...but i probably cannot use those types of traits when going after sexual predators at the workplace, white collar criminals in the company, and racist/sexist bosses

14. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

15. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

16. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Froggy says, don't eat me... ;)

is that a "Schleiereule?"

vSpacken

17. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Bin net sicher... :confused: .. I think is a kind of "Adlereule", have to check...

18. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

:eek: What do you do for a living?

19. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

you IDIOT...look at the first post in this thread...no, just kidding ;)

i plan to make a career change from computers into labor/employment law so i can help individual workers or unions for the basic good of society...basically, i want to help make the world a better place and help the community at large

i was first introduced to the subject (labor and employment law) when a boss of mine (ten years ago) was fired from our company...he was cutting down hours of the workers and enjoying the extra bonus he got for making his store more profitable...many lost hundreds each month so he could have a fatter paycheck...the union came in, threatened the bigwigs at the company and the company gave in and fired the manager for what was basically "white collar theft"...it was a lengthy and very emotional subject since the workers wanted the boss out and the management wanted to keep him because he made more profit for the company

...in another store, a manager, while well liked by the male employees, was a little too friendly with the female employees...he too got fired due to pressure from the union but then the company appealed and gave the manager back his job after some sort of sensitivity training...a fascinating soap opera again, but that's the law that surrounds the workplace of many in today's world...that manager changed his ways and treats women better

labor lawyers may be snakes, but i consider most of them good snakes (or vipers ;) )

some people join the clergy, some become firemen, some volunteer at the food bank, and hopefully, some convince pc users to switch to mac :)

20. Pugdawg1 macrumors member

I relate to my pugs. I'm short, stout, and nobody takes me seriously. LOL

21. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...definitely Cat(s)...I am very very close to my two, and almost every other cat I meet takes to me very quickly....oh yeah!

22. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You can probably guess from my Avatar. Though I guess that would be more like a spiritual guide, if you believe in that stuff. I myself, probably, am more like a bat.

Take from that what you will.

Attached Files:

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Good Question:

I am most certainly a Couch Potato :).
    [​IMG]

scem0

24. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sorry. That's a vegetable/furniture, not an animal.

25. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Tiger

Siberian tiger (a.k.a Amur Tiger) Siberian because I’m in Minnesota. :) I have a lightening temper that can sometimes get me in trouble. I enjoy a good swim. I got some bulk, but not much fat, behind me. I enjoy meat so much that it has revolted a vegetarian friend of mine. We are still friends though. I keep myself meticulously clean. Shower twice a day. If it wasn’t for the job I’m in I would be prowling around at night and sleep pretty much during the entire day. Speaking of which I need to get to bed soon. Its only 4:30AM :cool: