What kind of back to school sales are there?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KevRC4130, Jul 16, 2004.

1. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

I know that PC's can get VERY cheap around back-to-school times, but I dont really know how Apple works as far as sales go. It seems like Apples don't really go on sale, but I'm not sure. I know there is the Cram-and-Jam deal, but will there be anything else? Should I buy my laptop now, or should I wait another month or so, to get better prices?

Thanks!

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

As far as i know, there's only the Cram and Jam deal going on right now. But there's always the Educational discount from the store. I may be wrong, though.

3. Mem macrumors member

There's also the deal where you can get $100 off an HP printer or you can get the HP 5150 for free.

4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Faster, better, and more efficient than asking MacRumors is actually going to Apple.com or MacMall and seeing for yourself. If we know about something, that's how we found out.

Cram & Jam looks pretty cool though.

5. Pawstar macrumors newbie

Is any "better" deal expected?

I am also hoping to buy a new PB15 for back to school but right now the Cram & Jam ain't offered here in Canada, but even if it was, it isn't much of an incentive as I would end up paying more for both items than the laptop alone ... I don't need an MP3 player and I also have a good printer (two of 'em to be exact).

:mad: :mad: :mad:

A bigger edu discount or a free iSight would have been far more useful ...

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Check with your school's computer store too. There maybe special deals from what people have reported.

7. KevRC4130 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I know what deals are out now. What I was asking was if Apples go on sale for back to school (based on history of past years). I have only recently become a Mac fan, and before this I never really kept track of Apple pricing. Since most of you guys are long time Mac fans, I thought maybe you knew what happened years before.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Other than the promos, and any specials offered by your school; generally nothing else from Apple.

9. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Then the answer is yes. They did something similar to Cram & Jam last year and I don't recall anything else.

10. Artimus macrumors newbie

Cram and Jam IS being offered in Canada right now, btw.