What kind of bag / backpack do you carry your MacBook Air in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by entatlrg, Aug 28, 2009.

1. macrumors 68040

entatlrg

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I feel like this is done a lot but here is mine. $60, Wenger, and I get tons of compliments.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors 6502a

slapguts

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors 6502

I'm still a new user (2 weeks) so I carry it solo or in my incase 17" backpack.

was just going to get a speck hardshell case but those dramatically increase the weight.

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors regular

i'm still awaiting for a good looking one too.
    so far, i just use by briefcase.

9. macrumors 65816

rKunda

10. macrumors newbie

In August 2008 I bought the Marware CEO Milano (see attached photos) for my 17-inch MacBookPro. Carrying the laptop AND the bag back and forth to work every day was doing horrible things to the vertebrate in my spine so in January 2009 I bought a MacBook Air.

The MBA fits in the bag very nicely with loads of space for portable hard drives, USB flash drives, power cables for iPhone, MBA, etc and a sandwich.

The CEO Milano itself is VERY light. When the bag is full it's easily 4 or 5 pounds lighter due to the smaller laptop. The bag is solidly made so the laptop is protected from drops; documents or document folders are not bent/wrinkled/dog eared like they were in my BrentHaven backpack (see attached photos).

I stopped using the backpack because it was too heavy. It also wasn't the best for carrying documents - they got mushed up easily. The backpack is easily 8 years old and looks like new - no apparent wear whatsoever!

The Marware bag is a year old; the only signs of wear are on the bottom (the part that rests on the floor when you lay it down); the leather is not torn or ripped at all - the wear marks are simply scuff marks, like on a pair of shoes. It comes with a shoulder strap - very robust and comfortable but I don't use it.

The CEO Milano has been successful in stopping a long-lived, almost unconscious habit: I no longer keep my eye open for a new, better bag; it suits my needs very well. I no longer ask people about their bags; Its a sad commentary on my life but I no longer have bag envy!

I recommend checking out James Kendrick's posts about the many bags he has tried in his long-term search for the best gear bag - a link to his site is below with other related links.

Good luck!

- Marware CEO Milano page:
    - JKontheRun (search: bags)
    - LitCentral 3-part article on bags

Attached Files:

11. macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

my bag....and everything in it...missing the powerbrick of course :p

Attached Files:

12. macrumors Core

alphaod

I carried it bare a while, but it's so thin and hard to grip, so I got myself a neoprene sleeve.

13. macrumors 6502

14. macrumors member

I slip my Rev. B 1.86/128SSD into a BOA case:

[​IMG]

and then carry it around in a TUMI bag similar to:

[​IMG]