What kind of bag / backpack do you carry your MacBook Air in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by entatlrg, Aug 28, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

Mar 2, 2009
    Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I feel like this is done a lot but here is mine. $60, Wenger, and I get tons of compliments.

Attached Files:

3. financeguy macrumors member

Aug 13, 2009
  4. slapguts macrumors 6502a

Jan 10, 2008
  5. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2009
  6. adamjackson macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2008
    Canaan, NH
    I'm still a new user (2 weeks) so I carry it solo or in my incase 17" backpack.

was just going to get a speck hardshell case but those dramatically increase the weight.
  7. itou macrumors regular

Jan 16, 2008
    i'm still awaiting for a good looking one too.
    so far, i just use by briefcase.
  8. rKunda macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2008
  9. BoyRacer macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2003
    In August 2008 I bought the Marware CEO Milano (see attached photos) for my 17-inch MacBookPro. Carrying the laptop AND the bag back and forth to work every day was doing horrible things to the vertebrate in my spine so in January 2009 I bought a MacBook Air.

The MBA fits in the bag very nicely with loads of space for portable hard drives, USB flash drives, power cables for iPhone, MBA, etc and a sandwich.

The CEO Milano itself is VERY light. When the bag is full it's easily 4 or 5 pounds lighter due to the smaller laptop. The bag is solidly made so the laptop is protected from drops; documents or document folders are not bent/wrinkled/dog eared like they were in my BrentHaven backpack (see attached photos).

I stopped using the backpack because it was too heavy. It also wasn't the best for carrying documents - they got mushed up easily. The backpack is easily 8 years old and looks like new - no apparent wear whatsoever!

The Marware bag is a year old; the only signs of wear are on the bottom (the part that rests on the floor when you lay it down); the leather is not torn or ripped at all - the wear marks are simply scuff marks, like on a pair of shoes. It comes with a shoulder strap - very robust and comfortable but I don't use it.

The CEO Milano has been successful in stopping a long-lived, almost unconscious habit: I no longer keep my eye open for a new, better bag; it suits my needs very well. I no longer ask people about their bags; Its a sad commentary on my life but I no longer have bag envy!

I recommend checking out James Kendrick's posts about the many bags he has tried in his long-term search for the best gear bag - a link to his site is below with other related links.

Good luck!

- Marware CEO Milano page:
    - JKontheRun (search: bags)
    - LitCentral 3-part article on bags

Attached Files:

10. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2009
    my bag....and everything in it...missing the powerbrick of course :p

Attached Files:

11. alphaod macrumors Core

Feb 9, 2008
    San Jose (CA)
    I carried it bare a while, but it's so thin and hard to grip, so I got myself a neoprene sleeve.
  12. Young Turk macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2002
  13. Starfall macrumors member

Dec 2, 2005
    I slip my Rev. B 1.86/128SSD into a BOA case:

and then carry it around in a TUMI bag similar to: