what kind of digital camera can support Mac(iphoto)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by yklxcq, Jul 6, 2005.

1. yklxcq macrumors member

yklxcq

i am going to buy Olympus mini, but i do not know whether that camera support mac platform.
    Second question is what kind of digital do u guys have?
    thx

2. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

As far as I'm aware, all digital cameras support Mac. If the software that comes with it doesn't, programs like Graphic Converter will.

As for me, I have a Canon A510. And I love it.

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

The olympus you mention is definatly supported...All digital cameras are plug and play in OSX.......no need for windows drivers etc...

ShadOW ;)

4. yklxcq thread starter macrumors member

yklxcq

thx for replay, i have found the graphic converter, which was preinstalled;However i have do idea how to use that application, can u explain to me a bit?
    Also, i just check the apple website, it listed all the digital cameras that mac supports, and found lots of new model and some old models it does not support at all. :confused:
    thx in advance.

5. yklxcq thread starter macrumors member

yklxcq

However, which i just mentioned above, there are limited number of digital cameras mac support, i am just getting :confused:

6. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Any major camera -- olympus, canon, kodak, nikon, minolta, pentax, you name it -- is supported. Just because every model isn't listed on the Apple support page doesn't mean it won't work. There are so many new cameras coming out that Apple can't keep up with listing them all. I've never heard of a camera that didn't work with a Mac.

7. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

When it comes to digital cameras, you just connect the camera to the computer using USB (I use the 2nd keyboard port) then the open Graphic Converter. It then says "Camera Connected - want to download" and from there you can get the photos. It's very user friendly.

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

9. yklxcq thread starter macrumors member

yklxcq

aaa???
    :confused:

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You're confused?

bbb!!!

:rolleyes: :confused:

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Whatever, that list isn't comprehensive.

Um.....ccc

12. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

dddd??? :confused:

I have an Olympus Stylus 300. Works like a charm in iPhoto. So you shouldn't have any probs with an Olympus.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

eeee? Why not.

Doesn't iPhoto just pop up for you when you plug the camera in, and offer to download the pics? It really barely requires frontal lobes. :)

14. altair macrumors regular

Ive never heard of a camera not working with iPhoto. Just plug it in, and poof.

And why do you use Graphic Converter, when you can just use Image Capture that ships with OS X? Sounds like the same thing to me.

15. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

JasonElise1983

iPhoto will work with almost all cameras, it may not "officially" support it, but it will work. In iPhoto, a supported camera will have it's name and a pic of the camera in the bottom left corner, but on a non-supported camera, it has a generic pic of a digital camera and just says "digital camera"

My office has an old CD mavica that i connect via USB, and it works fine, except when the camera shorts out ( i hate that camera) i also deal with a lot of digital cameras at work and iPhoto works everytime. Don't worry, just buy a camera—it will work.

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Not working for Apple, I cannot help that. It IS however, the OFFICIAL list of supported cameras. Whether it's comprehensive or not.. whatever. It's a good place for the original poster to start.

As for cameras not working with iPhoto, I have a kodak at work that doesn't work with iPhoto. Off the top of my head I cannot think which model. It's cheap, and about 2 years old.

17. yklxcq thread starter macrumors member

yklxcq

thanks for helping me, i think i would go for a olympus mini :)