What kind of memory do you get?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shrek, Aug 23, 2002.

?

What brand of memory do you prefer for your Mac?

1. Apple

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kingston

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Crucial

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. RamJet

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. Any brand will do

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. I've never had to upgrade my RAM, so I couldn't tell ya.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Memory? What's that? :confused:

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

What kind of memory do you get for your Mac? Apple, Kingston, Crucial, RamJet, some other brand? Which do you prefer? :rolleyes:

Discuss.

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

As long as they have a clear and solid guarantee, I really don't care.

3. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Crucial because the other brands overcharge like crazy in the UK, assuming we can even buy them over hear.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

as spake zarathustra, I'm happy with anything that will work and comes with a warrentee for replacement - I get what ever is best at www.buymemory.com
    D

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

www.18004memory.com

My father got some memory for my iBook, but it came from MacWarehouse. The problem was that it was the wrong type. The replacement chip also didn't work. I was like [censored].

6. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what kind of memory it is. I always go to www.transintl.com. They seem to have very competitive prices, lifetime guaranty, and really fast shipping. They have a nice memory selector for all mac machines which makes it really easy to get the right memory.

7. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Memory? What memory?

So...what is memory exactly? :eek::D

I haven't bought memory yet, but I seem to like the 512 MB MemoryX is selling...it says low power and low heat;)...hopefully this will help my powerbook not get as hot as the rest of ya'll:D

Its a tad expensive though ($186) so I hope its worth it...otherwise I like boundlesstech's prices. And the tech store by my house has good prices too...

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've always bought TechWorks memory.

I've been buying it lately from OtherWorld Computing and now, I'm considering their own brand with a lower latency (CAS-2) for my dual 800.

In any case, whatever OtherWorld is selling, they take care of you nicely. :)

9. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    I got my GB for mt TiBook way back when prices were real cheap from 18004memory. Hehehe, i think you can't even get 512MB now for what i paid for 1024MB then.:cool:

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Ah, yes. The famous memory price competition.

I never saw anything like this in my life. Memory prices dropped up to 80 percent from what it had been 6 months before they hit an all time low. Before 2001 I remember 512MB RAM for PowerMac G4s being priced at $409. Then, around October/November, I recorded a 512MB chip for the Cube at $88. I was completely thrown off-center.

I ended up getting about $180 worth of RAM for my Cube, valid for 1GB, as provided by our friends at 18004memory. :p