What kind of monitor came with and how much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Esh, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Esh macrumors newbie

I'm buying a 733mhz Quicksilver G4 from a friend and she has the monitor that came with it as well. I'm paying $550 for the tower, but I'm wondering how much the monitor is worth. She'll sell it to me as well, but we just need to get a relative value on it. Like I said, it's whatever standard monitor Apple would've sold with the quicksilver at the time. All I know is that it matches the tower. She's out of town right now so I can't get an exact serial number either...

Thanks!

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Um, so its most likely a flat panel, or the old style cinema display. Do you have any info, like if its a flat panel or CRT. Color doesn't help since there was a grey and clear CRT displays, I'm not sure if they were sold during the time that the Quicksilver's were being sold, or only the cinema displays were being sold at that time.

3. Esh thread starter macrumors newbie

It's definitely a CRT. Not 21" either. She said 15", but I think she's probably a little off with that and I'm guessing it's a 17". My guess on the value is probably around $50 - $75. Does this sound right at all?

4. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Yeah, those clear 17 CRT displays go for about 50 bucks to 150 on ebay, depending on if it gets seen a lot or not. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=81686&item=5180465342&rd=1

5. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

That Sounds right

I would pay no more than 60 for it, and only because it matches the tower. It's still just a Sony Trinitron. A good monitor though, don't get me wrong.