what kind of mouse?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Royal Pineapple, Aug 10, 2002.

whay kind of mouse do you use most often?

1. Ball Mouse

1 vote(s)
  2. Optical Mouse

17 vote(s)
  3. Trackpad

2 vote(s)
  4. Trackball

2 vote(s)
  1. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

do you use a ball or optical mouse? track pad? perhaps a track ball? is it usb or ps/2 ?
    alos what is the plural of mouse not tha animal? is it mice or mouses? i have had a discussion with some friends about this in the past and wanted to know what you thought
  2. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

personally i use the trackpad on my iBook the most
  3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Optical. My mouse is a eunuch. :D No balls! Heh...heheh... oi... :rolleyes: sorry...
  4. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    W/O making this a life story...

I used to use Kenstinkton Crapworks for a trackball for my iMac and it sucked !!!!. About 10 percent of the time when I clicked a button nothing happened. I ended up destroying a couple of the buttons and I ended up using the ƒ word a couple of times. (Well, probably a few hundred. :))

Since then I have used Pro Mice with my Macs, but my father uses Crapballs with his work G3 and his iMac G3.

I still like the Optical Mice and trackpads, duh. :p
  5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    ha ha ha!! :D

I'm with u...mine's got no balls either...

Apple Pro Mouse...black... ;)
  6. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i have a logetech track ball too but i hardly use it, plus a mini optical mouse from macalley
  7. stromie952 macrumors regular

Apr 22, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I am currently using a Microsoft Trackball Explorer that has already died on me once.

I only bought it because it was the nicest Optical Trackball available at the time.

Although it pains me to say it, I kind of like using it more than the Pro Mouse or the trackpad on the iBook.

So, my vote goes to trackballs, for I will never return to the world of mice again
  8. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    Im sporting the Old Skool ADB Pro Mouse...Balls and everything!

And according to the Poll I go tmore balls then everyone else here.....:D
  9. bidge macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2002
    New Zealand
    I'm using one of the Sony optical mice with a memory stick input. Won it for free in a competition. On the back it just calls it a memory stick Reader/Writer, but it seems towork as a mouse as well.

Before that I used a Cordless Logitech Mouseman, I still have that on my other desk as it is often quite useful to have a cordless mouse.
  10. elensil macrumors regular

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    I use a Dual Sensor Optical Logitech. I don't really need two sensors, i bought because i liked the overall feel.
    As for plural question; I prefer mice. It would make sence for a word to behave the same way no matter what it means.
  11. Royal Pineapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

what is the advantage of having 2 sensors?
    and i aggree mice just sounds right
  12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I have a Logitech Trackman Marble on my main machine and a Kensington USB/PS2 scroll mouse on the lesser machine. If I count all the others, we'll be here a while.

I think the plural for mouse should be mousies, just like in Middle English. :)
  13. bidge macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2002
    New Zealand
    I copied this of Logitech's sie for those of you wanting to know more about the Dual Optical.

Its two 800-dpi optical sensors and patented microprocessor calculate surface microstructures at lightning speed, delivering greater precision and twice the speed of typical optical mice.

* Two optical sensors for the maximum performance on almost any surface

Logitech's Site for the Dual Optical
  14. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    optical mouse

USB, Macally iOptiNet mouse... I have it plugged into my TiBook and one on my G4 at work. With the normal mice, you always have to clean your balls and rollers, which don't exist on optical mice. Many trackballs also have rollers that need to be cleaned (except for the few ones with optical sensors).

I'm thinking about getting a cordless mouse, or just one of the dual sensor mice in the near future. It's not that high on the list of things to get thought (10.2 is higher).
  15. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    Pro mouse, cause I like it and I have no need to buy a new one