What kind of PayPal account do you have?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BengalDuck, Nov 15, 2006.

1. BengalDuck macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2006
    I just looked in to PayPal, as I'll probably start buying/selling on eBay soon and I'm 10 posts away from being able to buy/sell on the Marketplace here.

The personal account is free, but it can't accept debit and credit transactions. Do most people pay with these? (Assume that I'm not selling a computer... something under $200). Does it alert the other person that I can't use debit/credit?

Anyways, what kind of account do you use? And if you have an alternative to PP, what is it?
  2. bigandy macrumors G3

Apr 30, 2004
    Actually that's interesting me too. Paypal are not my friends...

I have a business account. doesn't really make any difference here in the UK... :rolleyes:
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I would assume that the majority of buyers fund their PayPal purchases through credit cards. I certainly do. I only have the free personal account, because I only use it rarely to purchase things.
  4. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    I have a Premier account.. because I need to accept credit card payments. It bites that you have to pay fees, but it looks more professional in return.

Just, don't charge people extra in order to cover the fees. That's just annoying.