Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
PlaceofDis said:
i have the Creature II speakers, i find them to be wonderful

for the size these are probably some of hte best speakers out there. They look great and the sound is so great. The sub can also handle alot of bass. If you are looking for good speakers for a reasonable price, get creatures II.

ctsport1234

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2005
I have klipsch 2.1 THX and I like them very much. :cool:

I previously had Logitech Z5500 5.1 THX. The klipisch were much more compact and sounded better too imo.

I also looked at the Altec Lansing 2.1 everybody seems to have and I do think they look great but didn't sound nearly as good as the klipsch. The JBL 2.1 were the worst sounding set of speakers of the bunch.

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
If you're looking for 2.0 then you should consider the Swan M200's. They are only available online but are well worth it. They sound far better than the Klipsch 2.0's and even better than the 2.1's. I just got my pair the other week and they sound awesome. I too became fed up with the "seperated" bass of a subwoofer, so I picked up a pair of these and i've been very pleased so far. These are far better for music, and they don't bother the neighbors as much either :)

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
slick316 said:
I heard about M-Audio speakers, I wonder if there is a place locally that I can audition them from, I guess I'll have to research that.

What are KLK?
Guitar Center is where I went to look at M-Audio's. I ran across the KRK's there, they where way to expensive, but they where the flat-ist monitors I've heard. KRK is speaker brand. Sorry I put a L instead of an R.

Aliquis

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2004
Utah
Dude, buy.com just had the logitech 5.1 surround setup (sounds very very nice) for $40 shipped.

That would sound so much better than what you were looking at, and also you could use as many or as few of the speakers/satellites as you want.

Mhaddy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Canada
For everyone who has a > 2.1 setup, how are you connecting the speakers to your Mac? I've got a set of old (but great sounding) Logitech Z560 4.1 speakers and they have separate Front and Rear inputs. The only problem is my new 2.0DC PowerMac has only one analog input. I'm going to try a Y-adapter, but if that doesn't work, it's either a ~$200 soundcard or a new set of speakers :(.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.