What kind of watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Mar 24, 2004.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I find that some people like their watches as a personal statement, while others perfer it as a practical time peice. What kind of watch(s) do you wear?

I love this timepeice....

School (My time peice from day to day):

Formal (Model UN, Weddings, Formals, Mock Trial, Dates):
  2. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I've got a G-Shock.. (2 actually) I like chunky watches... :D

I buy a new one everytime the battery runs out, as it's only marginally more expensive than getting Casio to replace it and all the seals etc etc... :eek: :p
  3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    I have a RADO Ceramica Multifunction.

My dad left me a Rolex Oyster perpetual, but it just looked like a fake on me, so I sold it and got the RADO for me an a nice Gucci for the wife...

I've also got a Fossil Architect in stainless steel and an old Tag Huer, both of which get worn in places where it ain't politic to wear very expensive watches... ;)
  4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    I have a titanium Swiss Army watch that I bought when I was in Zurich, Switzerland in October.
  5. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    I wear a fossil "blue" watch. Up until now, I just wore cheap plastic ones, which did their job, but looked lacking. Its my first metal watch, so I'm proud, lol...

edit: I would post a picture, but Im supposed to be off the computer for a week, so I gotta go!
  6. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
    I have a mechanical movement Majestron pocketwatch. Seventeen jewels.
  7. thejazzman10 Guest

I don't usually wear a watch, but when i do, i wear an adiddas one (i used to have a RARE watch, but it got stolen :eek: :(
  8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    i tried to start a watch collectors thread a while back... nice to see someone else making a related effort...

i collect swiss and german mechanicals... right now i am wearing a blancpain, but usually i wear a concord impressario chronograph or a breitling chronomat, i beat the **** out of that breitling and it always comes back for more... :D
  9. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    i like small slim light watches... i'm a guy so not so small... currently i have a dark dark brown swatch, i love it.

i wish i could design my own watch though.....it would be much different than current ones...
  10. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Swiss Army alliance... soooooo sexy

Attached Files:

11. neut macrumors 68000

Nov 27, 2001
    here (for now)
    i've got a cheap 'explorer' timex that is hanging off my backpack... i don't wear a watch.

12. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2004
    in the toe-jam of greatness (Fort Worth)
  13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I have a number of watches, but this is the one I've been wearing for the last year or so: a Pulsar Spoon.

Attached Files:

14. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I used to wear a Champion watch for years...but there were a couple of "problems"... The face of the watch got scratched so easily....

And then, one day, the buttons got loose, and the watch turned itself off. I couldn't get it back on. So it was sent to Champion with a $22 fee for fixing (even with the unexpired warranty...and that watch cost $45 w/o sale prices!). When I did get it back (only two months later), I went to put it back on my wrist, and the strap came loose. The needle-thick fingernail-long pinchable metal "rod" that held the strap to the center of the watch came out. I struggled for 90 minutes trying to get the motherf***er back in its place, and couldn't. AND...Champion didn't fix the original problem completely! About 25% the time I pushed a button on the watch, the watch turned off for a second, reset itself to Jan. 1 at midnight, then turned back on again with all my settings erased!

I'm never getting another Champion watch again. [​IMG] [​IMG]

So now I wear a Timex, but I don't like the faint tan color near the outside of the face.
  15. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2004
    Tokyo, Japan or Longview, Texas
    I wear an old Casio watch held together with duct tape. About the only good thing about it is that it is both analogue and digital (has an LCD embedded in the watch face).
  16. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I wear a Seiko, that has the day and date on the face. Have worn it for over 15 years. No problems, just battery changes.
  17. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2002
    I have a pretty beat up Fossil i paid $80 for 4 years ago. Its still going strong tho. I've always wanted to get a nice watch, just keep finding other things to spend money on.
  18. yoman macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2003
    In the Bowels of the Cosmos
    here is mine

just keeps going and going.

Attached Files:

19. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    seiko kinetic, i love it and will never need a battery.

20. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2002
    Stilwell, Kansas
    I had a huge G-Shock and after many years it acted like it needed a new battery. Got the battery replaced and it stopped working about a month later. Took it back to where I got the battery replaced and they said the watch had died, so I'm watch free. I'd like another G-Shock, but can't find one with all the features I want. I really like the countdown timer.
  21. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I wore a rolex for a while, but the band broke.

This thread makes me want to get a new watch. But I am kind of picky in this regard. (1) I hate a black face or band, (2) I don't want analog only (3) I don't want a digital watch that looks bad, or has a square face, and (4) I want the digital part of the watch to display the time.

It is kind of hard to find all this in one watch. A 'anadigi' watch is a good solution, but I have only found 2 I really like:

[​IMG] Armitron Analog & Digital watch

[​IMG] Pulsar Analog/Digital Chronograph

So, any suggestions or opinions?

22. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    yesssss.....more watch talk!

i'm a watch fanatic, so bear with me here...

during the day i usually wear either a blue dialed stainless rolex with a jubilee band or a steel and gold rolex with oyster band and thunderbird rotating bezel. for the rare times i dress up in the evening, i wear a cartier tank...if i wear it during the day i'll break it. only took me 3 crystals to figure that out. :rolleyes: my favorite "fun" watch is my 1972 pulsar P2 LED watch-just like james bond wore in " live and let die". it's very sleek..and hey, it lights up so i can see it at night. i wear an timex indiglo 1440 sports watch when doing any athletic stuff...it's actually pretty cool looking and was only $15.00.

Attached Files:

23. skytown205 macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2003
    i like watches...this one's kind of big but i like it.

Attached Files:

24. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand

My battery hasn't run out yet :)
  25. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2002
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    I love my new watch. It's a Duke from Nixon.

Attached Files: