What kind of web bundle should I get?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coday182, Dec 1, 2006.

1. coday182 macrumors regular

coday182

Well my first semester of my senior year of high school is over and I've been looking into getting my notebook and software for college. I am majoring in business management and minoring in IT. I really love web design and I want to get a web design bundle. I don't know wether to get the Adobe Creative Suite 2 or the Adobe Web Bundle. The first one has photoshp, golive, acrobat, illustrater, and some other stuff. The second has the same software plus the macromedia versions. The second is about $200 more expensive also. I don't really know what the advantages would be to have the second one (having golive & dreamweaver? Photoshop & fireworks?). Which would be a good option for me? Also... I am assuming that if i get the top end macbook that iw would run it all smoothly, right?

2. Queso macrumors G4

Hold off until you start college. A lot of higher education colleges have licenses for Adobe products that allow their students to install the software on their own computers for the duration of the course.

3. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

In addition to holding off because of the education discount, you may want to hold off until Adobe releases the CS3 version of their software. Right now, you're stuck running everything in Rosetta, which can be slow as a dog sometimes (and I have 2 gigs of RAM in my MacBook Pro)

4. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

Thanks, but I would still like to have my own copies. I may not even use the software for school. It will probably be for my own personal use.