What Laptop Stand for 15" AL PB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KBFinFan, Dec 8, 2003.

1. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

My 15" PB sometimes gets a little toasty, so I feel that I should lift it up a little to get more air under it and to improve ergonomics for myself.

I was wondering if anyone had experiences with different stands. I prefer one that you can use without an external keyboard (that rules out the iCurve), but I may get one of those and get the external bluetooth keyboard.

Regardless, I was looking at the Podium Cool Pad with swivel action over at Dr. Bott. Also at MacMice they have one that resembles the case of the G5. However, it's pricey and will more aluminum just get hotter?

Thanks as always everyone

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I use the CoolPad traveler and it works quite well. My PowerBook never gets hot, it is elevated at the back for a nice angle, and the swivel sometimes comes in handy, so I'd gladly recommend one.

3. ksz macrumors 68000

Re: What Laptop Stand for 15" AL PB?

I have the Targus Traveler Coolpad which is small enough to fit in my laptop case and swivels 360 degrees. It is barely noticeable yet does its job nicely. I purchased it right after getting a panic-halt due to overheating. That has never occurred since.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Mac Mice has a few nice stands for about every Apple product.

5. madru macrumors member

I have the coolpad, I use it all the time, when couch or bed surfing. It works extremely well for me. Although, when I set it on my lap with 15" al pb, it feels a little small.

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

The awesome thing about the CoolPad is that it makes it easy to spin your PowerBook around when giving presentations. It's definitely a worthwhile $15