What Mac games have been you playing?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fezwick, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Fezwick macrumors 6502

I was wondering what Mac games people are playing. I have been playing Warcraft III and Heretic 2. Also, what games are you waiting for to come out for Mac? For me, it has to be NWN, Jedi Knight 2 and UT 2003.

2. Amadeus macrumors member

The last game I bought was Icewind Dale. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't played a game since I beat it about a month ago.

These days, I am seriously missing my classic mac games like Wizardry: Bane of the Cosmic Forge. Specifically that game, actually. Wow, I miss generating characters in that game.

I am actually quite excited about upcoming games. I am definitely down with Jedi Knight 2, Master of Orion 3, and Heroes of Might and Magic 4. Wow, I might fail out of grad school if I purchase all 3 of these games... doh!

-Amadeus

3. Lz0 macrumors regular

Whilst I'm loathed to put it into the category of games, I love to fly and modify my x-Plane.

But I also have a copy of Warcraft 3 that I never really got into and Civ 3 that I have got sick of after finding out you can only play to 2050AD.

One of my OS 9 favourites was Age of Empires: is there a OS X version???

4. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

The games i've been getting into recently are Warcraft III and Civ III. I also have Quake III and UT, but they're not much fun unless you have broadband for online-gaming :(

I'm not really looking out for any new games at the moment. For gaming i'm kind of stuck on a rev a tibook, and the graphics card isn't exactly what you might call 'powerful'.... Still, keeps me going through my degree.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

None!!!! I used to play starcraft a LOT, but I switched to WCIII and my comp was too slow, so I stopped playing games in general. Just got a new computer, should be playing soon.

6. gandalf55 macrumors 6502

Myst III - ya i beat it long ago, but its simply gorgeous!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - amazing game! Multiplayer is fun as anything and the solo levels are tons of fun.

Solidier of Fortune II - the game SUCKS - do NOT buy it!!!!

7. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

I have been playing wolfenstein like its my job! seriously fun multiplayer, with lots of diversity in play tactics, and cool customization options!!

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I've been playing Starcraft, Warcraft III and UT a lot. I'm looking forward to Master of Orion 3.

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I'm not such a big game player as I used to be. I usually play the simple strategy games, such as the one from Sigma Chess\ and UltimateOthello1667. Recently, though, I did play a pinball game for OS 9, "Roll 'Em Up". For proper playing, though, I have to boot into OS 9.

I look forward to playing 4x4 Evolution. Other than that, I play and watch the commercial for it.

10. whawho macrumors regular

I usually only play Age Of Empires on my Mac...and Chess...

Will get WC3 when I get bored wil AOE...

11. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i play a lot of old apple II games

i could DL an emulator, but someone gave me a IIgs w/everything :)

IMO, the quality and creativity of old games far outweighs the bling-bling graphics and crappy storylines of current games

tetris is my all-time favorite game

12. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

hehe

Deus Ex, AvP, MOH:AA, SOF2 (dont buy this, its horrible :( ), RtCW, WC3. I generally go for the MP aspects. In the near future, i shall get Q3, UT2003, and JK2. But with Time Splitters 2 and Vice City for the PS2, im going to be VERY short on cash :rolleyes: