What Mac Mag to U Read?

Discussion in 'Community' started by applemacdude, May 5, 2003.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

So what what mac mag do u read? I read Macaddict because it's fun and and just better than macworld

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

plus, it comes with an ultra-cool CD ;). I read whatever has the
    most interesting thing on the cover. Like I would buy the one
    that said 'In depth analysis of the PPC 970 from IBM' over the
    one that said 'Unreal 2k3 screenshots and strategies'. :)

3. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I read Macworld as well as MacAddict. I have a subscription to Macworld, but after reading MacAddict I wish I had subscribed to that magazine instead.

4. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I got a free subscription to Macworld when I bought my iMac, but I do buy MacAddict at the newstand though for the CD. I have dial-up and it does save a lot of time not having to download all of the software.

5. vniow macrumors G4

I don't, seems like the sites that I frequent are more up-to-date by the time all those are in print.

6. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I prefer wired magazine; not technically a mac magazine although they are very supportive of macs plus they have all the mac ads plus it has awesome articles on both platofrms. yah.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

i really can't name my favorite mac mags i'll just name my favorite tech related mags, i like macworld, macaddict, pc magazine, wired, mac directory and information week the most.

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

ubergeek, (sorry, no umlat, i'm not that talented), you don't read maximumpc? with that list not being mac-specific I woulda figured. reading maximumpc is fun in and of itself. reading it would be like if the onion decided to print real news for a week (and wouldn't that be a hoot!). their attitude is...snarky :p

for mac mags I'm with scem0, I read whatever looks most interesting.

9. janey macrumors 603

janey

maximumpc is okay but not funny.
    and it's option+u :)
    üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü
    :p
    i read a lot but the ones i listed are my favorites
    Oh but i did forget one...2600 :)

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

MacAddict definitely number 1.

After having subscribed to MacWorld for nearly 7 years I dropped it a couple years ago. Recently they made me a really great offer for a years subscription $8. So I took it. I am really impressed with the new MacWorld they have really changed. It isn't just a magazine for a bunch of out of touch hyper-Mac-Geeks anymore. It's actually up to date and has articles for the average Mac head. It even has a little humor.:eek:

The only thing I regret is that I didn't start my MacAddict subscription with the first issue. I signed up a year after they started. I wish they had a subscription service that was cheaper without the CD though as I have a broadband connection and by the time I get the CD I have had and gotten rid of everything that comes on the CD except the video.

11. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

My dad has been a subscriber to macuser UK for as long as I can remember. Its cheap and fortnightly, and now you get a cd every issue. Its often got some quite interesting rumors, although usually been proven wrong by the time its in print. The opinion coloumns are great, especially Shutdown at the end, written by big ugly old pearced ex hippie mac freaks who actually don' tknow anything about Macs and one of them still uses a PB 5300, lol. Its great.

12. boskie macrumors regular

Macuser kicks arse!!!

The reviews are good, articles and editorials interesting, and i love they layout - always clean and not too overwhelming.

I also get Macaddict which i feel is by far the best one on offer from the states - which my sis gets for me as she lives in Manhattan, and my parents always bring back the latest issue's of the american mags when they go over:
    • Machome - not bad for noobs
    • Macworld - more or less identical to the uk ed.
    • macdesign - nice new(?) mag
    • playboy - to show there are other things in life besides mac's - and the articles are actually quite good.

Wow, i just hit 100 posts! - it's only taken me two years or so - a bit like royal mail:D

13. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

14. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I don't really read that many magazines. Most of what I want to know, I can find out from the internet. The only mac-mag I subscribe to the MacFormat. In fact, I'm only missing about 7 issues from when it started in 1993. Heh, back when the latest and greatest mac would have a 33MHz 68020 processor, 8MB RAM, and an 80-meg hard drive!

15. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

I'll second that. I'll only buy a computing mag if it's got some good tutorials in it - sure they're probably on the net but a magazing is much easier to follow from and easier to keep track of! my bookmarks get a little chaotic at times

16. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i read macworld, and macaddict. i dont like macworld, we just get it for some reason. i really like macaddict, there team is very entertaining to read and so many helpful hints on certain programs. i also enjoy reading mac design, lots of tips for the pro apps out there. i also subscribe to pc gamer to see what games i need to get for my pc.

iJon

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have a subscription to Macworld for ~ 10 years now, a free subscription because of purchases with renewals to the magazine. Just started a paid subscription to MacAddict, I like the CD's also! ;)

18. Flickta macrumors 6502

19. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

sw33t! î åm nøw ån ümlåt gød! thanks übergeek! :D

btw, isn't macaddict the sister publication of maximumpc?

20. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Mac Addict currently fav.

but does anyone remember MacWEEK?

OMG, that was the coolest mag ever... they killed it, well SORTA of...

story goes like this
    They merger a PC WEEK mag + MacWEEK and they form some new mag, that one didn't last long and it formed EWEEK.
    that mag is totally serious tho, only about servers and stuff... :(
    But 1/10 mags they talk about a mac, which is good, but because I've been a member so long, I have a free life-time subscription... woot. :D

21. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Mac Design is fantastic if you ever use creative pro apps (FCP, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Painter, etc.). I also take Macworld, which has gotten worlds better in the past year, and MacAddict, which I enjoy reading but sometimes lacks the content of Macworld. Still, it is funnier. :)

22. janey macrumors 603

janey

np ümlåt gød :)
    macaddict and maximumpc are both owned by future network usa i believe

23. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I read MacAddict, Macworld, Wired, um... I know there's a lot more. I flip through that UK one... MacFormat! That's it! And then there's those other ones about MacDesign (?) or something or other...Anything that looks like it has something to do with the Mac. :p

24. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

I bought a few issues of MacWorld, myself, just lately, but i find it rather dull. i find, like vniow, more than i want to know from places like these forums, mac news sites, and so on.

25. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

MacAddict... I just signed up for my first subscription last November. I just like the more light feeling over Macworld.

Well, since the magazines are written (at least for MacAddict) 2 months before print, the news is old stuff. But that's why I come here to MacRumors. The mags just have a totally different feeling to them that you can't get from forums... kinda like how you can't get the same feeling reading an e-book as reading a book.

irmongoose