1. Joined:
    Jun 29, 2005
    i was wondering what mac laptop i should get i yould like to stay in the margin

1,500 i ike playing games with the graphics turned to full and i would like the

laptop to be at least 1 ghz as long as i can run x plane halo and bames bond

at full graphix i will be happy :) i also download a lot of tv shows and watch

the m on the computer . i think my options are limited

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I think that your only choice is 12 inch PowerBook. Its $1.499 without SuperDrive. But don't expect to play games such as Halo, UT2004 or Doom 3 at maximum settings as it has only 64 MB of video memory. I think you should save a bit more money and get 15 inch PowerBook with 128 MB video

3. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

For that price, and with your afinity for games, I'm going to have to suggest *gulp*, a PC.

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

In that price range, your better off getting a PC. The only way your going to get good gaming on a Mac would be to get a Power Mac, and upgrade the video card, so I guess your stuck with Winblows. They're better for games anyways.

5. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Well for your budet..........PB 12" Super Drive.

But if you want full resolution and settings you need a Pm with the X850XT ;)

6. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

get a 12" ibook (fine for everything but gaming)

then either get one of the gaming consoles PS2/xbox/game cube or put together a PC just for gaming

macs are pretty poor for gaming, since the ports are often very poorly done and come out months if not a yr after the PC version comes out
    also there isn't a mac desktop w/ upgradeable graphics that's below 2K (the powermac g5, all the imacs and laptops and mac minis don't have upgradeable graphics)

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Actually there is - Lowend PowerMac ( 2x2GHz ) is $1999 which is below 2000 :D

Seriously, the guy could ge 1.8 SP PowerMac and upgrade it later (it should be discounted now)

8. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

If you're in the US or any place where Apple's education discount is available, I'd get the 12" PowerBook with SuperDrive @ $1499 education,
    then start saving for a PS 3 or an XBox.

9. mactellwillsuck macrumors newbie

its me i just hade to open a new account because my user name was in

russian i couldent log on im in Canada is ther a edu discound here

10. eXan macrumors 601

eXan