What MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andrewag, Jun 1, 2006.

1. andrewag macrumors 6502

Jan 11, 2005
    Hi all

I'm pretty close to buying a MacBook but what I'm stuck on is _what_ MacBook. At the moment I have a PowerMac G5 2Ghz as my main desktop which i will still use more than the MacBook. I also have a 15" PowerBook 1.67ghz from work but I don't really like using it for personal things plus it's nice to have work stuff separate for sanity.

I played with a MacBook for a while the other day (1.8ghz) and the performance wasn't an amazing change from the PowerMac i'm used to. So what i'm wondering is should I get the base MacBook or go right for the black one (the black is so sexy).

I'm leaning towards the black one because I don't like the off white coloured keys and the shinny white hinge, but there is a $600 difference between them. So i'm pretty much trying to work out what to get.

Any help?!! I've lusted for the idea of a 13" widescreen laptop since seeing a Vaio and the rumours last year for the ibook to move to 13".
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    Just get a White one with a Superdrive.

Black is overrated and so 2005.
  3. beloved84 macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2006
    i heard the superdrive is slow.

get the 1.83 and add some ram.
  4. rob5 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2003
    Go for the black. It looks much more professional IMO. The white one looks like a toy.
  5. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2003
  6. lexus macrumors 68000

Mar 26, 2006
    Depends Greatly On The Weather
    Just out of curiosity do you own an iPod if so that may help make your choice.