What makes a good personal website?

Discussion in 'Community' started by krohde, Aug 11, 2003.

1. krohde macrumors member

I have just launced a personal website with some info about myself on it, but I also want to the website to be informative and have interesting information that makes visitors come back and check out the site.
    What do you guys suggest that I should add?

My website: http://www.rohdeonline.com

KR

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i guess having some funny stuff there. as well as a section of funny/weird stuff you find all over the place.

i'm guessing you have a digital camera? you should also carry that with you everywhere you go, just so you can take pics of random funny stuff. :)

if you really want people to come back, i would say do anything to make them laugh, and they'll be back.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Photos are the easiest way to get someone's attention, in my opinion. Maybe u could do something with photos, a daily/random shot that would appear on your homepage? As suggested above, take photos of completely random, weird stuff and post it up.

U could try some links even, funny stuff.

I don't know, it's kinda early & I don't feel so hot just yet...my brain isn't functioning properly.

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

find a hobby that you really enjoy and post about it. i started my photoblogs just recently, and i'm already getting quite a few people complimenting me on them. the thing is, i really don't care if tons of people keep coming back. as long as one does, i will be happy.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You need to figure out what you're going to provide info on. There are already so many web pages dedicated to just about every subject - think of ways of making yours unique.

But in general a personal website will have a much smaller audience. If you have something to show off, other than pics of you and your familly and friends, that might help.

Original artwork/photos, tutorials that other people would find useful, etc. are some things.

Good luck!

D

6. iGav macrumors G3

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

no matter what you do DO NOT include any background music. but if you absolutely have to, do something decent.