What makes you feel proud of owning a Mac?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mymemory, Dec 21, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, in my case, right now in my country we have a lot of political and social problems and the internet is a big battle field for viruses from the goverment to the people against the goverment. So, most of the e-mails that are around there are from people complaining of viruses and .exe files that damage their computers, erase their Outlook files, send confidential information from their PC's to some where else, etc.

I'm always feels greate because I have a Mac and no PC virus will touch it:D

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

The simplest answer to the question:
    "What makes you feel proud of owning a Mac?"

would have to be:
    "It makes me feel proud I don't own a PC." :D

Except for my xBox. :rolleyes:

Well, I like Macs because, for the most part, the casing on many models is very simple (iMac G3 and G4, iBook 12 inch, PowerMac G3 and early G4, Powerbook G3 and G4). Of course, nothing matches the stability of OS X, assuming you take care of your computer.

I also like to bring my iPod and my iBook to class, just to listen to music on it, work on it (especially for English), and piss a few PC users off. :D

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Style, grace, and stability, that's what makes me proud of owning my Mac.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

5. Flickta macrumors 6502

It is completely different and is better to my taste. A thing for the Chosen... Well, a kind of.

6. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Yeah but you have to be more specific. For me the idea of not careing about viruses in the internet is a big deal and the other thing are those "tool pack" or what ever the name is that the PC users are allways downloading, thatand another bunch of things.

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I feel proud because I have an excellent interface like no other that is mine to comand in the pursuit of happiness.

8. pianojoe macrumors 6502

pianojoe

I understand that, according to the Holy Bible, pride is one of the Seven Sins.

I'm not proud using a mac. I'm using it because I want to work the thing, not learn how it works. But that's a decision based on laziness and on not being ready to spend my nerves just to save a few bucks - a clever decision, maybe, but not something to be proud of.

9. Steradian macrumors 6502

;)

well what makes me "proud" of owning a mac is the fact that by owning 1 you join a community of intelligent, helpful people who are loyal to the mac platform for reasons of thier own :)

PowerBook G4 1ghz

10. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

Re: ;)

here here. And, i never have had a machine that just, well .... worked.

11. DavidFDM macrumors regular

To me, it's the whole package.

I had issues with my Quicksilver and AppleCare took good care of me.

My second Studio Display was misaligned. They are replacing it.

The stability of the OS.

The lack of viruses.

Apple's proactive approach to security.

The fact that Apple innovates, rather than emulates.

Apple believes I am not a media pirate.

The excitement of Steve's keynotes.

ColorSync.

ADC and FireWire.

The passion and helpfulness of the Mac community.

Value for your dollar. Consider the iApps when you look at hardware costs.

Happy holidays,

David

12. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

LOL, whats with the others?? this is good enough on its own :D

Absolutely, look people i am so povo i cant afford a suit :)

13. demonx macrumors regular

When I open my iBook Screen and jaws drop as the look at thier laptop "bricks" and come over and start getting thier little dirty, crumbly, windows paws all over it freakin ba^#^#. Whoops got away on a tangent there:p

14. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

...because they last.

I've still got an original 512KE, an LCII, a Performa 5240, and a G4 Cube. All of which work as well as the day I bought them.

That says a lot for the product.

15. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

When I'm in the company of hard-core PC users. They see me put together an iMovie in a few minutes, print to any network printer in their PC offices, move effortlessly through apps and settings, and show an overall exponential difference in productivity compared to them. I live in the Mac world, and am quite comfortable.

16. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

It's nice to be a mac user,i ts just that, when someone sees my computer for the first time they say to themselves "what the f..?" and its annoying to explain to all those ignorant media drones what is a mac. Bastards!!! Most of people never heard of mac!
    Imagine how long it takes to explain them that I dont have Windows, but Mac!! It's probably because of almost complete media absence of Apple in my country.
    Only priest who came to bless house immediately recognized my mac it and blessed it too! :D

17. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I feel proud that I am in no way supporting Micro$oft. I don't own any of there software or hardware that includes the XBox.

18. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Microsoft own 10% of Apple shares?

I believe Steve Jobs gave Bill Gates the shares in the 90's, as an incentive for Microsoft's continual support for the Mac platform (hence the infamous MacWorld Expo Keynote speech "...one more thing..." announcement by Jobs to introduce Gates on the big screen behind him onstage, amid a cacophony of "boo's" from the partisan audience).

19. Flickta macrumors 6502

You are right. Same is here, and it's just frustrating! Moreover, there are three common things people say: "Mac is just s***, Windows is better and Intel chips are superior!"(They know about Macintosh, and are envious), "Macintosh? Never used, but it is surely better then a PC... Am I right?"(They are just tired of their machines) and "Macintosh? Apple? What's that? What?"

The second opinion is pleasing though. :)

20. superkatalog macrumors regular

you have not to buy a new comp every year. the machines last very long in comparison with pc's.

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

I agree with Megaquad and Flickta with this one. When I first brought my iBook to class in my senior year, and some newbie classmates saw it, one mentioned that Apple sucks, or Macs suck, as well as he hates Apple. I almost lost my breakfast when he mentioned that.

Yet I've made a little comparison with the two PCs in the room I most often stay in during class days and my iBook 466. Both have 128MB, and the PCs have NT. My iBook has OS X 10.1.5 and Classic 9.2.1.

Since September, the PCs have temporarily locked up at least 10 times, one of them created so much sh** right after log in you had to delete 10MB before of the person's parition before you could log off, that computer ended up being adjusted by the computer techie (PC zealot, pies anyone?) and installs Microsoft Word for the first time upon use after log in, and occassionally some flash animations do not load under IE.

Since September, my iBook has crashed less than 5 times, and serves as an excellent source for stability and mp3s. :p

22. yamadataro macrumors 6502

What??? I didn't know there were any other choices :cool:

I own two PCs for proofing web data and for playing games. Other than that, anything's better on Mac. You can point out millions of technological stuff, but I think it all comes down to the "feels good" factor.

Here's what Roger Ebert said, guys:
    "We have six Macs here in my office at home. Life is too short to use anything but Mac; Windows is just not a human environment."

23. yamadataro macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's true.

And also, after the usable life of a Mac, you can just leave it somewhere in your home and it looks nice (except for the PM7000/8000/9000 lines and PM G3s!). PCs look totally junk when it's collecting dust in the house. I keep my Mac Classic just to look at in my office!

I'm buying new Macs every years just for fun though :D

24. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Wish I had the money to do that. Want to donate or sell cheap any computers that are a year old in the future?