what mouse should i get?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bdugan, Apr 3, 2006.

1. bdugan macrumors regular

I am deciding between the logitech v7 and the mx1000. I might go with the mx1000 because it has more buttons and I dont necesarily need a gaming mouse (but i will be doing stuff with photoshop). So any reviews of these two would be very helpful. Also, i will be using it with my mbp, and the size issue of the mouse isnt that big of a problem

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

While I have no experience with those two particular models of Logitech mice, I have been using a Logitech MX500 for ~2 years now and it is awesome. Either way you go, with a Logitech mouse, its hard to go wrong in my opinion. :)

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I have the MX1000 and love it. Do a search of the forums and you'll find many happy users of that mouse.

4. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

Second that, got one of those myself, well 510, probably little difference. real nice mouse anyway.

5. ILoveAlliO macrumors newbie

6. 66217 Guest

I know this is an old topic, but I have this exact mouse, and the drivers that come with it (the CD) is for OS 9, so I downloaded a driver supposedly for OS X, but it messed my computer (preparing for a fresh install right now).

Are you able to use the side buttons?

Thanks,

Roco

7. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Maybe this won't be a popular opinion, but I got the Mighty Mouse with my Macbook and I think it works a treat. It takes a bit of getting used to. In fact, when I first took it out and played with it, I thought to myself "This is crap" as it has a strange feel to it. But I'm now totally used to it and it feels great (although there are more comfortable mice out there).

Also, I don't think I could live without the side buttons anymore. They're simply great for Expose. Although I haven't tried this yet, the side buttons might be able to be used for some sort of function in Photoshop, such as switching between layers, tools, etc.

8. FirePak macrumors regular

Mx1000, If you can find it in bluetooth it's that much better. I cant imagine ill ever buy another mouse. I just cant figure out why logitech wont release the bluetooth version as a standalone product.

9. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I have been using the MX1000 as well. Nice mouse, good feel and all the buttons can be custom configured. The only thing that sucks is that it has that huge charging station with the RF sensor in it.(..and that thing is uglier than hell...)

10. tainice macrumors newbie

If you are a hard-core gamer, don't buy a wireless mouse in general, because I find it very annoying with my MX1000 low-on-battary after a couple hours of gaming while I still want to go on. I am very happy with my MX1000, but on average, I have to charge it every 3 days or so. Of course, you can purchase multiple mice, and switch back and forth.

11. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

12. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

I use the Logitech mx518 for my g5. its a very very smooth mouse, and it looks badass :)

you have to map it yourself with USB overdrive, but when done properly it works great. you dont get the "on the fly dpi switching" unfortunately, but it works awesome regardless.

see doesn't it look neat? haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I have the same mouse. I love it. My hands are on the smaller side (okay a ton of people make fun of me for having small hands) but this mouse is still comfortable in my hand (as well as those who are 6'4" w/ monstrously huge hands).

I actually prefer the simpler color/ looks of the MX510 (the mostly red, or mostly blue mouse) to that of the MX518, but there was a deal on mine when I got it.

Love it.

14. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

yeah mine was on ly $25 at circut city :) a clearance when the G5 mouse came out.