What movie would you like to see a sequel to that never had one?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I was just watching the Mask with Jim Carey the other night and realized it was a pretty funny movie and wondered why a sequel wasn't ever made. I think that it would have had great potential.

Anyone else got any?

D

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sometimes you can't make a sequel no matter how popular the movie, i.e. Titanic

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, you could do an action/adventure on Raise the Titanic :D

4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

boondock saints. if you haven't heard of it I'm not surprised. It was one of those straight to video gems. Honestly it's probably one of the best movies i've ever seen. If you can find it rent it or buy it. You won't be dissappointed. i think that could have the potential for a sequel. I heard rumors recently of them making a sequel so who knows maybe i'll get my wish

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Battle Field Earth

Battle Field Earth is arguably the worst Movie ever made.. but I think every one should see it ... just so you know what a really bad movie is all about. John Travolta planned to Make 2 more of them and even produce and Back them with is own cash (no one else would). The movies are baised on his religion so... he takes bad movie making very personal...

... I cant wait till they come out... if they ever do

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Battle Field Earth

Ha, yep, this would go under the other catagory of movies that shouldn't have had a sequel made, although, technically it hasn't. That would be a disaster if he did back it with his own money since the cost for production on a scifi movie is huge. You know the status of this and why would you want to see a sequel, I couldn't even watch all of the first one.

D

7. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

8. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Actually, there was a sequel to that:

Return of the Killer Tomatoes!

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Return of the Killer Tomatos was actually a very funny movie. :)

I always thought Breakfast Club should have a sequel... sort of a "Monday morning" movie... where everyone's back at school in their own cliches...

arn

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the movie pearl harbor had its prequel (historically) - the battle of britain...which convinced some in the us to wage war against the axis powers

and then of course there was pearl harbor

and then there was the immediate answer to an attack on the us naval base - by attacking tokyo with doolittle's raiders

unfortunately, it made this movie too long and not the hit the producers thought it would be

titanic was too long in my opinion but it held its audiences' attention and made a billion+

overall, titanic was a little too sappy for me

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

How bout a sequel for

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

12. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Buckaroo was a great movie - I'd love to see a sequel to that. As for Pearl Harbor, the sequel was Midway - where we turned back the Japanese fleet at Midway.

A couple of others - Get Shorty, Pulp Fiction, Ferris B's Day Off

D

13. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

There was a sequel planned for Mask but Jim Carrey decided to devote his time to the Truman Show and Man on the Moon.

Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai. I didn't find that amusing but I some friends of mine claim that there was a sequel in the making but didn't make it. Supposedly you can find the intro to it online somewhere....

My movie that should have had a sequel: Goonies.

14. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Looking at the cast, I don't think they could afford to make a sequel and keep it low budget enough to match the first one!!!!

"No matter where you go, there you are..." - Buckaroo Banzai

15. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

My understanding is Macrumors does not condone the use of certain words.

See the following thread. Shrek had a similar post deleted for using that word. I am sure you meant no disrespect. I used the word "Oriental" for years, not knowing that it was considered offensive.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=13034&perpage=25&highlight=jap&pagenumber=2

16. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

How very un PC of me, so sorry, editing and fixing now - I was sort of taking it in context of the times and no intended slur there.

But its interesting that you can use 'Nazi' but there is no simillar term for the Japanese. Being a mix breed of 3 (maybe 4) continents myself, it seldom occurs to me that some little things can be taken the wrong way.

D

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, off hand.

A Bugs Life
    Pulp Fiction
    HeartBreakers
    Seven

18. 3777 macrumors 6502

At the end of Airplane II, it said Airplane III was coming.......... but they never made it............:(

19. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

No need for a sarcastic apology, dukestreet, i really don't care. My real point is you are a moderator, there has been a lot of talk about censorship, so let's just be consitent.

Cool?

20. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being honest - sorry that its become such an issue. I really did not mean anything by it and I'm glad you pointed it out to me. No problem here.

D :D

21. hotFusion macrumors newbie

Actually the sequel was made but it was not a sequel. The movie "Big Trouble in Little China" was actually being written as the sequel to Buckaroo Bonzai but none of the original cast showed any interest. Facing the prospect of having to write in all new people, the writers just turned it into a stand alone movie. I personally don't think it mattered much.

22. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

my sequal idea: "Van Wilder runs for President"

BTW, for those panning battlefield earth, read the book, it's actually decent (and there's no religion in it. that whole rumor started because the same guy who started the religion wrote the book).

23. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

hmmm, not a big fan of that movie - it was ok, but it never really grabbed me the way Animal House did - now that would be a great movie to get a sequel to, but I think its a little too late for that. Maybe Animal House 2003.....the legacy lives!

D

24. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Ohh...I have an idea!

How about another three ninjas movie? Or how about another Land Before Time?

P-Worm

25. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

The book itself is not the religion.. but its loosely related... its kind of a Bible story.. not really the core of Religion.