What music programs do u guys use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IDBGOD, Jan 10, 2007.

1. IDBGOD macrumors newbie

Hey all, im new to the whole mac thing. I used to use Limwire, bearshare, etc, and I'm just curious as to what p2p and music programs u all use.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Discussion of piracy (which p2p of copyright materials is) is against forum policy.

I use iTunes as my music playback/management app. You'll find everybody else does as well.

3. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

Ya and although macs "cant" get viruses that type of download really screws with it though

4. bartelby macrumors Core

I use Ableton Live and Propellerhead's Reason and GarageBand, of course.

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    there are a ton of great legal concerts available to download via bit torrent at this site

6. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Playback: iTunes
    Minor editing: Sound Studio, Amadeus
    Recording (probably the most basic of all recording apps): Audio recorder
    Statistics: iTunes Playstats, iTunes statistician

7. notwist macrumors regular

iTunes (of course :p), Cubase SX3, NI Reaktor 5, Battery 2, Kontakt 2, various libraries of samples, freeware sofware synths

8. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Playing Music: iTunes
    Acquiring Music: The iTunes Music Store
    Making Music: GarageBand

9. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Discussing P2P programs isn't against forum policy.

Anyway, Acquisition for Mac is the endall for P2P IMO. It is a simple and attractive interface that finds what ya need.

10. The General macrumors 601

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

limewire has mac OSX version, also limewire has a open source brother called frostwire, they works better on OSX cause JAVA is build-in to the OSX system.
    aMule also works, but slow.

Transmission/Bit Rocket are BT apps, works good, but if u need advanced function, Azureus is necessary.

music play, i have iTunes, VLC, reaplayer, but to be honest, on OSX, iTunes is the only good choice u have as a comprehensive music manager/player, Im waiting for a winamp's OSX version tho, LOL

12. ShermDog macrumors regular

I use iTunes for managing and listening to my music; and both Sound Studio and Peak Express for minor editing.

13. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I mostly us Real Rhapsody, on my Dell desktop. I do use iTunes occasionally though but not nearly as often.

14. habibbijan macrumors member

Finale for notation.
    Digital Performer and/or Cubase for sequencing.
    Reason because it's just cool.
    SoundForge (on Windows) for editing.

Oh, and iTunes for ripping and song management.

15. gre2974 macrumors newbie

i heard limewire messes up with the mac hard drive by fragmenting the data? is this what you meant by "screws with it..."

i'm also looking for a good p2p file sharing program for my mac (new owner). why is everyone on here so PC about it...this kind of activity goes on wheter it's right/wrong, good/bad. the last time i read most artist get rich on concerts/shirts/other goods not off of record sales.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because it's forum policy, and although you can hate the RIAA (I certainly do, they are money scrunging *******s.). If you want to make money by selling software (which is very heavily pirated too) or music it's not fun when people want to download it for free, that to me doesn't seem really fair, even if the company in question is as big as Microsoft or Apple, they still have a right to make some money, that is the system we choose to live in.

Now lending a CD to a friend to rip is hardly piracy and you could argue that downloading music is OK if you *really* wouldn't pay for it if you couldn't, but I suppose in that case if you like what you get for free you should then go and buy the album/donate money to the artist.

17. cyclone84 macrumors regular