Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbook14in

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
I'm still extremely happy with my current Space Grey iPhone 6 64GB that I can afford to wait a couple more years until the next iPhone has most of these changes:
  • Thinner bezels to accomodate 5-inch screen without increasing the overall size of the phone too much
  • Dual speakers
  • 8MP front-facing camera
  • All-glass enclosure to prevent scratches
  • Wireless charging
  • Waterproof

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
At this point, nothing, I'm not trying to sound coy, but since I just bought an SE, I'd rather not spend any more $$, and so I'll wait.

Reactions: Channan

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
I'm still extremely happy with my current Space Grey iPhone 6 64GB that I can afford to wait a couple more years until the next iPhone has most of these changes:
  • Thinner bezels to accomodate 5-inch screen without increasing the overall size of the phone too much
  • Dual speakers
  • 8MP front-facing camera
  • All-glass enclosure to prevent scratches
  • Wireless charging
Why are dual speakers so important to you?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
headphone jack. (but I will stay with my iP6S+ for a quite a while now I guess...)

That's my plan. My iPhone 6s Plus is easily the best phone I've ever had. It's in mint condition and to me, is perfect. That said, as soon as the 7 is announced I'll be tempted!

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I want OLED but since it's not coming in 2016 I will upgrade my 6S when price drops down, so I guess it means I want cheaper price. I will be a minority here but I would like slightly lower weight. 6 was perfect, 6s little heavy for prolong use

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
- Tiny tiny tiny bezels
- battery life >= iPhone 6plus
- waterproof
- on screen home button
- wireless charging
- ability to use camera under low light
- wide angle front camera
- 4gb of ram

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So that I can listen to music while taking a shower without having to buy an external speaker with USB-C cable
I do that but I use a small Bluetooth JBL brand connected speaker. No cables needed. It is small and has better sound than you will ever get out of an iPhone despite it being monaural. (Is that the right term for not-stereo?).

I don't see it on their site anymore but they have many nice new models that do the same as mine does. Plus there are other brands out there.

Getting back to the original question, for me it's always the camera that drives my upgrades. The closer they get to DSLR quality, the more inclined I am to upgrade. That being said, I may skip this next model because I've been pretty happy with my 6S Plus camera performance and the thing can do 4K video but I still don't have anything to play it back on unless I want to sit in front of my husband's Mac desktop display in his office. And I don't.

My 6Splus has been water resistant enough for my purposes. The only thing it lacks is portability, so I'm getting an SE for those days I'm out being active. Which is certainly not today. I'm in here in my sickbed pestering you peeps with my inane drivel. :)

Reactions: 12vElectronics

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Main one would amoled display.

Reduced bezels, even getting rid of the home button while keeping the 4.7" screen would be definite attractions. More battery life.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Waterproof

I'm OCD, and I clean everything if any stuff is taken out of my room. If iPhone is waterproof, I'll finally be able to clean my phone with soapy water instead of wasting disinfectant wipes.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
They more or less already have it. I would like:

-Lower resolution main camera with less noise and less image processing.
-A slightly smaller 6 even if it means a slightly smaller screen.
-Headphone jack
-More battery life.

None of these are deal breakers.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

jlevy73

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2015
More RAM. Still have issues with certain push applications getting kicked out of memory.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
As mentioned earlier, i am REALLY hoping for a headphone jack. I have a large collection of iems. . .

cola79

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Battery runtime of 20 days standby or 2 days of heavy usage.

Anythig else would be no reason for me to upgrade.

Macbook14in

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2016
- Tiny tiny tiny bezels
- battery life >= iPhone 6plus
- waterproof
- on screen home button
- wireless charging
- ability to use camera under low light
- wide angle front camera
- 4gb of ram
You're right about the next iPhone needs to be waterproof. I'll add that onto my wishlist. It would be extremely useful for taking pictures under water.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
It just needs to come out for me to upgrade :p

I get the new one every year, so this year won't be any different.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Something interesting and preferably useful for a change.

Of course I want all of the normal mundane things as well like better battery, screen and blah, blah, blah.....

But it just seems to have been a while since there was something new and exciting that made me go, ooohhhh, I must have that.

The Pencil and 12.9" screen combo did it for me with the iPad. Now it would be nice if they came up with an idea for the iPhone side of things too.

I'll probably upgrade anyway because for the first time since the introduction of the iPhone I didn't rush out and buy a new phone with the 6s when they were released. I kept my 6+ because I just didn't get excited by the improvements in the 6s enough (no one was more shocked than me :D ) so by the launch of the 7 I'll really be wanting an upgrade anyway. Unless they manage to make it as uninspiring as the 6s was to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.