What New Products Do You Want in 2004

Discussion in 'Community' started by Matty P, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Matty P macrumors newbie

I would like to see Apple build a DVR type box that can integrate with my home network and collection of music / photos / home movies. It would be great to have a simple and powerful interface that I'm used to with all my Apple products. I know that I could achieve what I want with lots of fussing around with 3rd party software that you have to configure to work with each other, but I don't want that! I want 'Plug and Get On with My Life' You get your Apple DVR Box and open it, Plug in Video Connections and Power up, DHCP Router gives an IP, Rendezvous kicks in and we are ready to go! Listen to your iTunes library, view photos from iPhoto, and view videos from a new iLife app a bit like Trinfinty Software's Seagull Video player, an iPhoto type app for video inc the ability to archive DVD's.

Then you decide to record a program via the auto downloaded Scheduling Guide as you get in most DVR's, but as you are enjoying your TV show the DVR auto archives the programme to your home machine (that has loads of storage). Then your sister comes home 10mins into the TV show opens her iBook and starts watching the show in her bedroom! While all that is going on your Mum who is ill in bed turns on her DVR box and decides to watch an archived DVD from her user account on the home Mac.

We need to blow the XP Home machine away and take things to the next level with a true 'Digital Hub' for the home. There is so much that could be done and Apple is the company to achieve it.

I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want

What do you want in 2004?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think it would be great to see a G5 PowerBook/iMac. As nice as the powerbooks are, I think for the money they are way over priced considering the aging CPU's (these are supposed to be pro laptops after all).

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

G5 powerbook - cash is burning a hole in my pocket ... Apple just needs to announce it.

Mini Keypad for iPods so you can manually input dates and contacts

I'm dyeing to find out what iWrite is;

thats all i need i guess

4. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

A G5 iMac with a 21'' monitor would make many of my friends ditch their XP machines

5. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

Can just use your phone and iSync

6. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

With iPod's ability to store dates and contacts, it would be nice to enter them into the iPod if an ultraportable and nice looking keyboard/entry system was available. Remember, not everyone has a Bluetooth phone or even a phone that easily connects otherwise to a computer.

7. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

I have used the 15'' 1.25Ghz and it's screaming out for a G5 upgrade, I just can't see it coming until September.

8. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

Very true.

I presume that it would have to work with an iPod dock connector like those on the Belkin Media Reader, maybe it could also be used as a calculator.

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Power Mac G6 w/dual 90 nm PPC 980 chips running at 3 GHz &1.5 GHz/processor system bus...

All for a nickel. Yes. A nickel. Is that too much to ask?

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

11. Matty P thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not that far off is it? For a pound, ohhh yes a pound would be nice.

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

sure, as long as it's exact change, really.

Oh, and I forgot student and developer discounts:

Student: 4 cents
    Developer: 3.141592653

Of course, when releasing Mac OS 10.4, everything will be discounted by 2.71828182845904523536028747135266249775724709369995%, which will, of course, be great.

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

besides the upped powerbook and imac, i would like to see another version of os x from apple

on the pc side, with laptops, i would like to see more models get thinner and lighter on the budget end entries...i think the only budget laptop that is really light is the 12" inch ibook and the pc side needs something similar for a similar price, not an overpriced centrino laptop

in cars, i would like to see more hybrid models, and shorter and wider SUVs that are less likely to tip over

in clothes, an affordable line of ecko wear in the local target and ross near me

in medicine, i would like to see more generic drugs which would be more affordable

in guitars, i would like to see more models using smartwood "eco-friendly" woods

in sodas, i would like to see more daring new flavors as this past year has brought out

for girls jeans, phase out the low waist thing because unless you are very thin, it makes most people look fat

for hairstyles, i wish the mullet would just disappear

for food standards, i would like to see a new stricter standards for american beef thus eliminating the mad cow disease scare

in education, i would like to see public colleges once again be as cheap as public K-12 where there are no fees and the books are paid for and have our government reconsider its spending and priorities...and yeah, near the end of 2004, i would love to see america give ol W the boot ;)

14. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Until they find out the Screen Can't be taken off... Oh yeah there is no upgrading.

The worst part about having a LARGE screen is... when the machine is useless and you still want the monitor... what do you do?

:confused:
    Products... A Homework "do'er" I don't care how it works at all.

15. Danger! Will macrumors regular

Danger! Will

In computers
    I'd like to see an eMac that isn't so fugly and maybe one that comes in color

In cars i'd like see to see a basic version of the SAAB 9-3 for around 18k and no it's not the SAABARU 9-2 abomonation.

In men's fashion bring back the look of spiky hair, white tanktops, and strange baggy jeans. And guys stop bleaching your hair

In womens fashion more fabric is better as i think there's nothing hotter that doesnt reveal it all when she goes out. Elegant is hot

in medicine i agree with less expensive drugs

16. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i want to avoid having to sync it with my computer, thats the whole point

any specific way of doing this or are you just repeating what everyone else is saying

17. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

in woman's fashion, i wish the "nude if you're hot" look comes in style... that would be nice... :)

Also, i hope they really do come out with a dual core, dual 3.0GHz G5-6 (PPC 980) (effectively 4 processors) with DDR2, and a bigger harddrives, with a multi-format, slot-loading DVD burner, DVD +- R burner...

I know that they're not going to have the G5's in laptops for some time now, but i would like to see a dual G4 in a laptop, that would just kick so much PC ass...

and as for the iMac, I think that making them dual G4's would be the best situation, cause as for now, they don't want the iMac's cutting into the powermac's lineup

18. Waluigi macrumors 6502

True, the mullet is one of the worst haircuts ever, however, it is also the funniest one to make fun of. Seriously, the mullet needs to stay for my laughter!

--Waluigi

19. Awimoway macrumors 65816