What on Earth is This Grey Box??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr. DG, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Mr. DG macrumors regular

Mr. DG

Jan 16, 2006
    It just appeared when i was in Firefox. Pressing Alt-Tab made it go. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    I find Firefox has LOADS of weird visual glitches, although I've never encountered something like this before. I've had the shadow behind the window detach itself, same with the scroll bars and it also sometimes doesn't let me move windows, every time I move it it just shifts right from it's original position. Very odd.

That's why I switched back to Safari, I've had no problems at all since...
  3. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

Nov 7, 2004
    I used to have an empty window that would load with Firefox, and wouldn't go away no matter what I tried.

If you really don't want to use Safari, give Camino a try.
  4. Mr. DG thread starter macrumors regular

Mr. DG

Jan 16, 2006
    hmmm, i like firefox, especially with the GrApple Theme. never been a big safari fan. i think its the dark brushed metal skin - make my whole screen seem dark. I should try camino though to see what it's like.

back to my main point though, ive never seen anything like that before so its not like its a major annoyance, i also had Mail open too so that may have been guilty. I was hoping it wasnt a symptom of something nasty, or some sort of bizarre pop-up. Was wondering if perhaps if i was on a PC it might have done something bad to my machine....
  5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2006
    Do you have Growl installed? Looks like a messed-up notification.
  6. Mr. DG thread starter macrumors regular

Mr. DG

Jan 16, 2006