What Our Troops Want For Xmas: Armored Humvees ... And An Exit Plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Dec 15, 2004.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I read in the NYT that the production rate of armored Humvees had been raised from 450 per month to 550 per month. Does anybody know how many months of production there have already been?

Does anybody know the TO&E for Humvees for various-sized units (company or battalion) and types of units (Infantry, Quartermaster, e.g.)?

I've also read that armored Humvees which are in-theatre are said sometimes to be located with units which don't necessarily need them; some units said to have need, don't have them. Decision-making in the theatre is a relatively low-level affair within the Quartermaster Corps.

'Rat

3. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well, welfare is getting the money close to the poor people. Sometimes it winds up with people who don't necessarily need it, while others with need go without. The decision making about where that money goes is usually done at a low level within the organization.

I'd say that's a ringing endorsement for the status quo, wouldn't you?

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Seems the answer to that question is 0. Production will be increased from 450/month to 550/month in Feb. or Mar. 2005.

Link

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

How people think sending poorly trained and poorly equiped soldiers into a poorly planned war, with little to no reasoning behind it, while half the country and most of the rest of world (who were formerly with you) turns against you, then reducing benefits and cutting VA funding, and keeping those who've been there past their assignment dates (considering most of the administration found ways to avoid ever being in combat) is supporting the troops is beyond me. When Clinton took our troops to Kosovo, I had my reservations, but there was not 1 single casualty (that I know of), and our troops were taken care of when they got back. I will continue to fight un-neccessary wars while the real criminals are still out there (we were behind you when you were going to get Bin Laden, what happened to that? Afganistan was going to well comparatively).

Call me a traitor, and unpatriotic, and against the troops all you want. While you're talking and using them as cannon fodder, some of us are trying to bring them home (safely). Just try to institute a draft. I dare ya'. There is only so much more the American public is willing to take. When it starts affecting us, we start paying more attention.